Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit question on schott p631 buffalo leather jacket

Ike13lol

New in Town
Just Bought these two p631 buffalo leather jackets from schott on sale for 425 a piece. Fit seems pretty good but a bit tight in the shoulders and the seams on the shoulders and bi swing seem thick and kind of uncomfortable. When I break in thr jackets with the seams not be as bulky and uncomfortable? I could return them but idk if I will find anything else for the peice new thst matches the quality?

Attachments

• 20211202_123259.jpg
    20211202_123259.jpg
    709.3 KB · Views: 618
  • 20211202_123308.jpg
    20211202_123308.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 522
  • 20211202_123442.jpg
    20211202_123442.jpg
    1,011.9 KB · Views: 715
  • 20211202_123453.jpg
    20211202_123453.jpg
    767.5 KB · Views: 531

Ike13lol

New in Town
Thanks its called crosby and is a 1940s style leather jacket. I really like the style of the jacket overall. Yeah I know I can't go bigger because the torso already has some room. I can still wear a sweater underneath it

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just Bought these two p631 buffalo leather jackets from schott on sale for 425 a piece. Fit seems pretty good but a bit tight in the shoulders and the seams on the shoulders and bi swing seem thick and kind of uncomfortable. When I break in thr jackets with the seams not be as bulky and uncomfortable? I could return them but idk if I will find anything else for the peice new thst matches the quality?

To be honest, I find the fit of both not optimal.
On the body it seems very wide and large. Maybe that has to be the case with the style, but I would definitely have them made tighter. Maybe rather the black than the brown.

Aloysius

This went away with a few wears with my 613SH, which is made of a much stiffer leather than your Crosby's buffalo.

It's certainly bigger in the body than a lot of the jackets people here favor, though that's because it's designed as something of an outer shell that you'd layer on sweaters and such.

Ike13lol

New in Town
I may end returning them both, I have such a weird body, what companies should I look at for a tighter fit?

Ike13lol

New in Town
I
Did you buy both to decide which color you liked better in the flesh?
I bought both because I thought the price for both was only 850 combined and it it fit decent I got a great deal for the money. Sire I would like a homelbros or aero bit those get kind of spendy

Aloysius

I

I bought both because I thought the price for both was only 850 combined and it it fit decent I got a great deal for the money. Sire I would like a homelbros or aero bit those get kind of spendy

I’m not knocking Schott. I just asked because you bought two of the same jacket.

If you’re alright with brown, I’d recommend that you try the 673, which is also in their sale section right now. It’s more of a cafe racer type, so it’ll be trimmer than a car coat.

I don’t think Schott is a low quality maker, despite the contempt for them from people who think nothing made outside Japan can be good. (Meanwhile, the Japanese are obsessed with Schott and Aero.)

jglf

A-List Customer
I don’t think that style and length of jacket fits your body type. You should probably go with a waist length jacket without such massive pockets. There are some styles of clothing that I like on their own but don’t look right on me.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
If possible return both jackets and try something different …Neither jacket fits well.

Aloysius

One option that many people on TFL and VLJ have taken is Five Star Leather, which does historically accurate and high quality flight jackets at a pretty accessible price point. Their website photos leave much to be desired, but their higher end offerings (which means paying an extra $30 or so) hold up extremely well, even compared to high end repro brands.

You just have to make sure you get a pre-vetted (by experts/collectors) design so you don't have to be the one doing trial and error with them.

Since you like fur collars (and because the naval flight jacket design is actually much more practical to move around in than the Army version), I would recommend that you check out this one, which is in their premium goat. You can ask them to skip writing USN on the back of the collar, which is what I'd do, but that's up to you.

MrProper

I may end returning them both, I have such a weird body, what companies should I look at for a tighter fit?
I think it's a good decision to give them both back.
And I think I understand your figure problem (tall and slim?), because it's similar for me. When I put on an off-the-rack car coat, it looks just like yours.
So for me, I've decided that only jackets up to the belt or coats work for me. A car coat would really have to be tailored for it to look usable.
I think even with a flight jacket, with our figure, you have to see that it fits really well.
Here is an example of my only jacket that is flight jacket inspired (based on Amelia Earhart's jacket). However, I like my other jackets better.
35461688-33D1-40CA-B596-DC67EC90FF98.jpeg
CFDC8F6F-E0A3-4987-AA34-91AE11D225CC.jpeg
0E982F4E-6C70-4911-A556-8AE7AC17827C.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
they fit you but it doesn't flatter you, especially from the back, I understand longer style can't be too snug otherwise you can't walk in it, but this model doesn't have waist at all from the picture, if they are just a little bit waisted even when it still roomy enough it would already make a big difference in look, if the discount is so big to the point it is worth doing a modification, then it need some waist either permanently cut and reshaped or with somekind of strap or tab and button, or elastics on the side panel.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
And I think I understand your figure problem (tall and slim?), because it's similar for me. When I put on an off-the-rack car coat, it looks just like yours.
So for me, I've decided that only jackets up to the belt or coats work for me. A car coat would really have to be tailored for it to look usable.
I think even with a flight jacket, with our figure, you have to see that it fits really well.
Here is an example of my only jacket that is flight jacket inspired (based on Amelia Earhart's jacket). However, I like my other jackets better.
View attachment 385031 View attachment 385032 View attachment 385033

Well you nailed that fit IMO!

Ike13lol

New in Town
View attachment 385031 View attachment 385032 View attachment 385033
Who makes this? I like the look

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

425 dollars for a USA made Schott with a fur collar is a STEAL.
The Schott shoulders are narrower by design in my experience. But they should still work. Most slim cuts patterns are shaped this way.
The torso can use a pair of gusset cinches used on the half belts. That will solve your new jacket fit issue. These sur coats are really cool. I love them. Once they break in the back will look a lot nicer. The longer the jacket the worse it will look (fit wise) when new, but in time it will get better.
Image1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider