Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FIVESTAR LEATHER CONTACTS

dep126

Familiar Face
I’ve had three customs from them in the past couple months and I’ve always communicated with a gentleman named Fargham Ali. The actual email address is fivestarleathermfg@gmail.com but that’s the name that popped up on my email. I’ve always received a response within a day. Just keep in mind the time difference. I would tend to get my responses very early morning (I’m in the US, CST).

He’s always been very helpful. I’m guessing he’s in charge of the actual production facility?

I had tried previously using FB Messenger or WhatsApp but didn’t have a lot of luck.

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
I’ve had three customs from them in the past couple months and I’ve always communicated with a gentleman named Fargham Ali. The actual email address is fivestarleathermfg@gmail.com but that’s the name that popped up on my email. I’ve always received a response within a day. Just keep in mind the time difference. I would tend to get my responses very early morning (I’m in the US, CST).

He’s always been very helpful. I’m guessing he’s in charge of the actual production facility?

I had tried previously using FB Messenger or WhatsApp but didn’t have a lot of luck.
Thank you! I already had feedback and everything's rolling. I believe you're happy with their jackets if you are on your third...

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
Thank you all. I had feedback already but I confess that after reading several threads, I have some doubts when it comes to order from them. Anyone who can share their own experience regarding a ROAD MASTER RIDER´S JACKET? The one in the pic, kindly sent by Mr. Karsten, looks quite appealing to me. I really like the way the grain looks...
Plus, where did they ship from? I believe jackets are made in Pakistan, but isn't the company located in Germany? Opinions will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• ROADMASTER.png
    ROADMASTER.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 65

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Thank you all. I had feedback already but I confess that after reading several threads, I have some doubts when it comes to order from them. Anyone who can share their own experience regarding a ROAD MASTER RIDER´S JACKET? The one in the pic, kindly sent by Mr. Karsten, looks quite appealing to me. I really like the way the grain looks...
Plus, where did they ship from? I believe jackets are made in Pakistan, but isn't the company located in Germany? Opinions will be appreciated.
Thanks!
They ship from Pakistan, so if you're located in the EU you'll have to pay VAT and the ridiculous DHL fee (17,5 euros).
I own three 5*'s, all military jackets (this is where they made huge progress and built up their name).
- my first one was a AN6552 premium goatskin. really thick and supple, really well made, I was really impressed. It smelled like a live goat in its natural environment but the smell went fairly fast away.
- my second one was a U-Boat leather peacoat; I had modified it, black premium goat and no half belt (obviously I inspired them to release a belt-free version). A well made jacket, however there were three points that I was not so enthusiastic about: the storm cuffs were not wool but acrylic; the buttons are low quality; and obviously the goatskin was not the premium but a thinner one (there is no way my AN6552 and the peacoat to be of the same thickness); however it is a heavy coat (mainly due to its size and thick wool lining), so I think that maybe a thicker hide would be too much.
- my third one is a seal horsehide A-2 (United Sheeplined contract). Another well made jacket; the horsehide in areas is flat, in other parts has an amazing grain (obviously made from different parts of the hide, I don't mind since this is close to how original wartime military jackets were made). However: 7 months later and the smell is still there.

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
They ship from Pakistan, so if you're located in the EU you'll have to pay VAT and the ridiculous DHL fee (17,5 euros).
I own three 5*'s, all military jackets (this is where they made huge progress and built up their name).
- my first one was a AN6552 premium goatskin. really thick and supple, really well made, I was really impressed. It smelled like a live goat in its natural environment but the smell went fairly fast away.
- my second one was a U-Boat leather peacoat; I had modified it, black premium goat and no half belt (obviously I inspired them to release a belt-free version). A well made jacket, however there were three points that I was not so enthusiastic about: the storm cuffs were not wool but acrylic; the buttons are low quality; and obviously the goatskin was not the premium but a thinner one (there is no way my AN6552 and the peacoat to be of the same thickness); however it is a heavy coat (mainly due to its size and thick wool lining), so I think that maybe a thicker hide would be too much.
- my third one is a seal horsehide A-2 (United Sheeplined contract). Another well made jacket; the horsehide in areas is flat, in other parts has an amazing grain (obviously made from different parts of the hide, I don't mind since this is close to how original wartime military jackets were made). However: 7 months later and the smell is still there.
Thanks for your help, Harris! Yes, I'm located in the EU. Portugal, to be more precise... I think that if I order it it will be a Premium Goat skin jacket. Hope I won't regret it. I had some disappointments in the past with online orders. Also have two military jackets, by the way. Two G1. One Avirex from the early 80's in sheep hide and a Cockpit USA in goat skin that I bought in the States about a decade ago. Really stiff but much lighter than the Avirex, which is a total walking armor... A curious thing about the Cockpit G1 is that it don't have side pockets. They say that military weren't supposed to stand with their hands in the pockets... :) Thanks for your insights. Nothing like having owner opinions... Regards!

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Thanks for your help, Harris! Yes, I'm located in the EU. Portugal, to be more precise... I think that if I order it it will be a Premium Goat skin jacket. Hope I won't regret it. I had some disappointments in the past with online orders. Also have two military jackets, by the way. Two G1. One Avirex from the early 80's in sheep hide and a Cockpit USA in goat skin that I bought in the States about a decade ago. Really stiff but much lighter than the Avirex, which is a total walking armor... A curious thing about the Cockpit G1 is that it don't have side pockets. They say that military weren't supposed to stand with their hands in the pockets... :) Thanks for your insights. Nothing like having owner opinions... Regards!
I think that the premium goatskin is the best hide they offer. I've also seen posts here lately about "waxed" versions, it'd be worthwhile to enquire this option.
Good luck, let us know how it turned out for you.

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
I think that the premium goatskin is the best hide they offer. I've also seen posts here lately about "waxed" versions, it'd be worthwhile to enquire this option.
Good luck, let us know how it turned out for you.
Thanks, I will. I asked them about the waxed version, as well. It appears to be more shiny, something I'm not particularly enthusiastic... I'm more into grainy dull finishing. Also curious about HH, but when it's thick, it can take years to break... Guess I'll end up going with the premium goat skin... Thanks once again!

Johhnyheuvel

New in Town
Thanks, I will. I asked them about the waxed version, as well. It appears to be more shiny, something I'm not particularly enthusiastic... I'm more into grainy dull finishing. Also curious about HH, but when it's thick, it can take years to break... Guess I'll end up going with the premium goat skin... Thanks once again!
I received a jacket last week in premium waxed goat. It's not as shiny as it would appear in my opinion. Since the temperature dropped a little I had a chance to wear the jacket, the sleeves already are breaking in nicely. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Regarding the Pakistan > EU taxes - they are quite flexible with playing around with package value and you can really minimize your losses if you play your cards right. Worked very well for me.

My jacket in waxed premium goat:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...-belt-in-black-waxed-premium-goatskin.110262/
1688453132173.png

Some mistakes on my part in specification, some mistakes on their part in execution in terms of measurements.
Resulted in a t-shirt only jacket.
Quite happy with the hide though.
Would go for sateen sleeve lining next time though.
And I would go for horizontal pockets with fabric (not leather) openings. The vertical leather ones protrude way too much visually.

Last edited:

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
Regarding the Pakistan > EU taxes - they are quite flexible with playing around with package value and you can really minimize your losses if you play your cards right. Worked very well for me.

My jacket in waxed premium goat:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...-belt-in-black-waxed-premium-goatskin.110262/
View attachment 530125

Some mistakes on my part in specification, some mistakes on their part in execution in terms of measurements.
Resulted in a t-shirt only jacket.
Quite happy with the hide though.
Would go for sateen sleeve lining next time though.
And I would go for horizontal pockets with fabric (not leather) openings. The vertical leather ones protrude way too much visually.
Thanks! Looks awesome. Really like the grainy texture and it's not too shiny... Which inner lining on this one? Green twill? It's the color I'm thinking about to choose. And how do you consider the buttons quality? Although I like it, I'm considering to order mine without buttons on the wrists. Also, nice move of yours to ask for leather below the lining. Can you show a detailed photo? I'm thinking about doing the same. Thanks a lot and regards!

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Looks great yeah, apart from the inner pockets ruining the front a bit. And I should have specified to skip the folds above the half belt.
Quite restricting in actual use though.
Needs more shoulder width and at least some kind of mobility gussets. Hard to reach down to tie my boots as is.
And definitely higher armholes.
I asked them to search for leather that has extra "striation" type grain. Would have like to get even more of it, especially on the front panels, but you can clearly see it on the back.
Olive heavy cotton drill lining. Bad choice for the sleeves as speced them (too) narrow.
Buttons are ok. The way they are sewed on is pretty meh (on the front) though. A few already got loose. And there is too much gap between the button and the leather. Will take it to my tailor to redo the buttons.
The wrist cuff panels and button are purely aesthetic and rather bulky. I would either ask for single layer (leather + lining) instead of double layer (leather + leather) or at least thinned down leather.
Yeah the leather strip on the bottom hem is nice, but I think it's a bit too much, smaller panel would have probably been enough. And maybe all around, not just the back.
A lot of detailed photos in the thread : https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...-belt-in-black-waxed-premium-goatskin.110262/
Good luck with your 5*.

ROOK ALLURES

Familiar Face
Looks great yeah, apart from the inner pockets ruining the front a bit. And I should have specified to skip the folds above the half belt.
Quite restricting in actual use though.
Needs more shoulder width and at least some kind of mobility gussets. Hard to reach down to tie my boots as is.
And definitely higher armholes.
I asked them to search for leather that has extra "striation" type grain. Would have like to get even more of it, especially on the front panels, but you can clearly see it on the back.
Olive heavy cotton drill lining. Bad choice for the sleeves as speced them (too) narrow.
Buttons are ok. The way they are sewed on is pretty meh (on the front) though. A few already got loose. And there is too much gap between the button and the leather. Will take it to my tailor to redo the buttons.
The wrist cuff panels and button are purely aesthetic and rather bulky. I would either ask for single layer (leather + lining) instead of double layer (leather + leather) or at least thinned down leather.
Yeah the leather strip on the bottom hem is nice, but I think it's a bit too much, smaller panel would have probably been enough. And maybe all around, not just the back.
A lot of detailed photos in the thread : https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...-belt-in-black-waxed-premium-goatskin.110262/
Good luck with your 5*.
Thank you TartuWolf! Huge help you gave me! Why do you say the inner pockets ruined the front a bit? Regarding the sleeves, guess I'm going to choose just with wrist cuff panels and skip the buttons. I like practical and simple jackets... Despite everything you mentioned, your jacket is a bless for the eyes and really looks well built... You say the lining was a bad choice for the sleeves, because it won't allowed arms to slide inside the sleeves or for any other reason? Will ask for striation grain, for sure. Looks great! Thanks a lot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy