Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flat Head Cafe Race in Black Shinki, Size 42

Cheech

A-List Customer
I picked this up not too long ago after coveting it for years, but I'm starting to second-guess it. It's not that it doesn't fit me. It's almost too nice to wear, and I already have a cafe racer that I both love and can wear on a bike. Thus, I'm looking to sell this to pick up something in a style that I don't already have.

Seeking $1450 (PayPal F&F, or add fees for business transaction). Price includes shipping in the continental US and is firm. I'll split the shipping fee with any international buyer.

This jacket is in excellent, almost unworn condition. Completely odor-free, unless you count the heavenly aroma of Shinki. I can find no scratches, no signs of the brown teacore coming through, and no wear to the lining. The shoulders haven't dropped yet, and the sleeves have yet to develop any serious creases. You're getting a like-new jacket and one that is virtually impossible to find, considering it has been discontinued.

Measurements are as follows:
-Chest (pit-to-pit): 21 inches
-Shoulder (seam-to-seam straight across): 20 inches
-Sleeve (shoulder seam-to-cuff straight down): 25 inches
-Back (collar seam-to-hem): 26 inches
-Hem (along bottom): 20 inches

FWIW, I am 6'2", weigh 188 pounds, and have a 42-inch chest. I typically prefer a 40 in close-fitting jackets from Western makers (e.g., Aero and Simmons Bilt) and a 42 in most Japanese makers.

Here's the description from Rivet & Hyde:

The Cafe Racer from The Flat Head uses 1.3mm thick equine leather.
The jacket is veg tanned with part aniline finish. Both dye and pigments are combined for durability and to maintain the leather's character.

-1.3mm horsehide leather
-Black
-Veg-tanned with part aniline finish
-Original Universal zip (with separate brass FH branded key fob)
-Heavy canvas inner pocket bags with printed FH logo (Not visible but that's irrelevant to The Flat Head)
-Inner pocket
-100% Rayon body and sleeve lining - red
-Made in Japan

Cdc3O2D.jpg

ED78twe.jpg

ZCdGHJ6.jpg

DqnRQHg.jpg

9hgp54J.jpg

Sd2419O.jpg

hFtR7s8.jpg

t9OuQRr.jpg

AMjStrR.jpg

J9Kne6H.jpg

oqmeTyx.jpg

Beyf7Rf.jpg

ouhqima.jpg

gBFeLed.jpg

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket, but that seems like a narrow pit to pit. And with a 42” chest, can you even zip it up?

Cheech

A-List Customer
Good question. I think this jacket fits me spot on, save for the fact that I wish the arms were a bit longer. Now, my chest fluctuates between 41.5 and 42 inches, but I don't tend to pull the tape tightly when I measure my chest. I tend to measure to match the way a close-fitting garment, like this jacket, would fit. All in all, the jacket fits my chest just as closely as my customized Aero Sheene and Simmons Bilt cafe racer fit. Hope that helps!

Cheech

A-List Customer
I wanted to provide a bit of an update on this jacket for those of you on the fence about sizing. I wore this to work on Friday, which is the first time that I have worn it outside of the house. Before, I had noticed that the sleeves were a little shorter than I like, hitting me at my wrist rather than around the first knuckle on my thumb. After wearing it Friday, I observed that this jacket fits me really well if my only intention is to sit or walk around in it. Any bending or reaching forward, for instance, to tie my shoes, made it clear that the jacket is just better off on someone smaller than me. Hope that helps! The leather really is immaculate--I have never seen a black leather finish with such depth.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Flat Head's black leather is really something else. Really smooth, great feel and not too deep a black. Whoever gets this will be really happy with the item.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB