Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Food you keep going back to, because it's just what you need right now

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
There is nothing like the greasy, totally unhealthy, "heart-attack in a wrapper" joy of a drive-in. I am fortunate there are several in my vicinity. I can't explain it, but every 6-9 months I just have a craving for the chili-dog smothered in onions, chili, & cheese with fresh fried homemade onion rings with fresh homemade root beer. Feeling the juice drip down your arm and splatter on your shirt is almost orgasmic.

But then again, thats just me.

Pete

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Popcorn. Buttered. Salted. And lots of it. Either real butter or that glop that they put on in theaters. But it's got to be slathered on.

Oh, and can I have some ice cold real sugar birch beer with that?

I feel a movie night coming on...:essen:

Unca Dusty

Familiar Face
When I moved from my neighborhood to the South West U.S. I really missed the pho I'd get in the many Vietnamese cafes in Minneapolis--I like mine with rare brisket, tendon, and bible tripe--plus the standard fixings. And a little Rooster sauce!

I also sorely missed a well made Chicago Dog (I would have even accepted a poor facsimile).

It's funny, but I really didn't know what my comfort food was until I was in a place where I couldn't get it.

Unca Dusty

Familiar Face
Tomasso said:
In theory:

vdog.jpg

In practice:

800px-Wiener_Circle_Dog.jpg

YES!!!YES!!!

Big_e

Practically Family
Pig snout (trompas) tacos:p or if not, then goat brain tacos my favorite.:p :p
Ernest

115652963_14c2bbfff1.jpg

PS: If you ever want to trap an Ernest, just put a plate of goat brain tacos with a cold beer under a heavy wooden box. An Ernest will be by shortly.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Rabbit stew with polenta, warm foccacia with rosemary and extra olive oil, rissotto alla milanese with half a ton of parmesan on top! Or doorsteps of crusty bread toasted with butter and Marmalade and a vat of proper builders tea!

D

Deleted member 12480

thick sliced homebaked seedy-bread with rivendell (homemade) jam or honey slathered on it.

xx

Farren Randolph

New in Town
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Beef stew
toast with a smear of orange marmalade
black tea with honey
plain and simple fresh fruit.
green beans

Tripnastic

New in Town
General Tso's Chicken.

When I call my wife on the way home from work and say "Can we have Chinese tonight?" She knows it's been a rough day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner