Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Footwear to go with our jackets

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
@JustinW yes you most definitely need a black jacket or two...

Onderhoud Maryam Horse Butt Engineers

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

58panheadfan

Practically Family
Yesterday: Craftrite Horsehide Engineers, made in Japan & rarely seen on western hemisphere.

Note:The boots have an excellent price / performance ratio. Yen 75,000 (US- $ 675) are not too much for a HH Boot, made in Japan in this quality. Not sure, if they are still in production... two sizes left US 9-1/2 and 12-1/2. Only .5 sizes were available e.g. 8-1/2, 9-1/2 etc.

As ref. I am size US 9 / UK 8 / EU 42 in most shoes/boots. These are 9-1/2 and 1/2 size too big, means I added a thin leather insole to compensate for the size. Size 9-1/2 is wearable with thick boots socks, but I prefer medium weight socks like chups...

Craftrite_FL.JPG

Last edited:

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Ya man, its some lux stuff. My pair aren't as dark as they appear in this photo, but they've darkened a little bc I use Saphir Medaille d'Or waterproofing spray on all my suede shoes/boots.
I own two "snuff" suede pairs: an Alden (Indy) and a C&J (chukka). The Alden is way superior, especially regarding how the colour shade changes depending on light.
I also use the Sapphir D'Or Invulner for my suede shoes (and in general Sapphir products exclusively), great stuff.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

Tom71

One Too Many
From Hungary...

full

I have two pairs of "Dinkelacker´s" in their Shell Cordovan which I wear to the office. Very well made (as they should be given the price), but I continue to struggle with the leather. Whatever I try to treat them, they always appear somehwat dull and lifeless.

May give a go to the calf-leather version. Do you see any change in quality after the take-over from that investment co. some 2-3 years ago?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis C