Footwear to go with our jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Nov 4, 2017.

1. red devil

red devil One Too Many

Yes, ordered them from Brass Tokyo. Mainly for jeans :)

Edward likes this.
  2. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Practically Family

I'ii start work on a thread about Star Gove / Cal Leather The Star Glove is the heaviest richest horse I ever felt. I had a straight zip Star Glove that I sold, the leather was even heavier but had issues at the shoulders, flaking. The jacket I posted here is in pristine condition. Think of something Cal Leather might have made for a special VIP customer

El Marro, Edward and JMax like this.
  3. Edward

Edward Bartender

Very nice. One of the reasons I stopped wearing trainers long ago was their disposability (especially compared to a decent pair of Goodyear brogues at the same price). Something resole-able like this would be very tempting for the Summer, however...

red devil likes this.
  4. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I like the George Cox / Lewis Leathers Summer collab shoes.
    79322D99-7DAF-4316-A1C6-0E76442D73C3.jpeg
    ED620ABC-B753-4EB4-B602-0DE6230ECD21.jpeg

5. red devil

red devil One Too Many

They are comfortable and feel like they will last for a long time. I initially wanted it to be all leather, but they convinced to go for canvas and leather as it would be better for hot weather.

Edward likes this.
  6. Edward

Edward Bartender

Nice - and less scarily priced than I'd have assumed. I'm considering some of these from =Jhonsopn, myself: [​IMG]

Though I can't imagine I'd be wearing a leather jacket if it were hot enough for these!

7. Arizor

Arizor Familiar Face

Standard & Strange Wesco axe breakers, around a year of wear.
    [​IMG]

Tusche, mtrlr, AeroFan_07 and 16 others like this.
  8. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Those look fabulous man!
    I’ve got a pair myself but they have not gotten enough wear yet to look like that, now I know what I have to look forward to.

9. hondurasdave47

hondurasdave47 A-List Customer

Wow! Those look incredible. The Axe Breakers are on my list for sure!

El Marro and Arizor like this.
  10. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

I picked up a pair of PF flyers. Black sandlot high tops. Such a nice change from my boots. Very breathable and comfy right out of the box. Been wearing them on my motorcycle too.

11. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

You won’t be disappointed Dave! I can say for sure that they are the most expensive pair of shoes or boots I have ever purchased, but I did not experience a moment of buyers remorse since I bought them.

12. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

Standard and Strange does pretty great Wesco collaborations. The Axe Breakers look awesome. I'm pretty happy with my Knuckle Draggers. Solid for the price. Not the neatest, but should last a long time.

13. Cheech

Cheech New in Town

How are these sized relative to the usual suspects (Redwing, Alden, etc.)? I usually wear 11D, but I’ve read that these run narrow and small.

14. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Cheech,
    Lengthwise I believe I went with my normal size which is 10 1/2. These boots do run a little narrower which is why Standard and Strange offer them in an E. I hope this helps.

Cheech likes this.
  15. Arizor

Arizor Familiar Face

Yep. I wear 11D in Alden and I wear 11.5E (axebreakers) or 12D (engineers) in this last.

El Marro and Cheech like this.
  16. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One of the Regulars

Picked up a pair of these repro No name m-43 boots of ebay. Great boots for the price.

Screenshot_20190720_103223_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20190720_103230_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20190720_103239_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

17. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

I've just ordered two pairs of William Lennon boots, this might be a good time to order if you're thinking of doing so, the wait at the moment is twelve weeks so I imagine it'll be a lot longer in winter. Mine should be ready for when it's cold, lovely jubbly. William Lennon can use Horween for a small extra charge so I ordered one pair in black Horween and the other in the good old cordovan no 8. They’re basically like my jackets on my feet.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Edward, El Marro and Imuricecreamman like this.
  18. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Jonbuilder i like your style. Super western boot collection, awesome MC jackets esp the Star, but the Dobbs Forty wins it for me!! If it’s a 71/8-1/4 and you ever want to pass it on, i’m game.
    Thanks. Bowen

19. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Practically Family

Actually, the Dobbs is size 7 3/8 loose fit I use a pad for my 22 3/4 long oval head. The only hat I shim.

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  20. Corsair42

Corsair42 One of the Regulars

Hoping someone can clear this up, i'm looking to get a new pair of boots and like the look of Chippewa Service boots. However I keep hearing these run big, up to a size bigger and have been recommended to get a full size smaller than my regular size. Im normally a 8.5 UK (9.5 US) but in some boots I can wear a small UK 9. I tend to do better in wide fitting boots and my best fit are 8.5H (Aus/UK) RM Williams boots. Anyone got any advice on Chippewa, particularly the service boots and a recommend on sizing?.