Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'ii start work on a thread about Star Gove / Cal Leather The Star Glove is the heaviest richest horse I ever felt. I had a straight zip Star Glove that I sold, the leather was even heavier but had issues at the shoulders, flaking. The jacket I posted here is in pristine condition. Think of something Cal Leather might have made for a special VIP customer

Edward

Bartender
Yes, ordered them from Brass Tokyo. Mainly for jeans :)

Very nice. One of the reasons I stopped wearing trainers long ago was their disposability (especially compared to a decent pair of Goodyear brogues at the same price). Something resole-able like this would be very tempting for the Summer, however...

I like the George Cox / Lewis Leathers Summer collab shoes.
79322D99-7DAF-4316-A1C6-0E76442D73C3.jpeg
ED620ABC-B753-4EB4-B602-0DE6230ECD21.jpeg

red devil

Very nice. One of the reasons I stopped wearing trainers long ago was their disposability (especially compared to a decent pair of Goodyear brogues at the same price). Something resole-able like this would be very tempting for the Summer, however...

They are comfortable and feel like they will last for a long time. I initially wanted it to be all leather, but they convinced to go for canvas and leather as it would be better for hot weather.

Psant25

One Too Many
I picked up a pair of PF flyers. Black sandlot high tops. Such a nice change from my boots. Very breathable and comfy right out of the box. Been wearing them on my motorcycle too.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Standard and Strange does pretty great Wesco collaborations. The Axe Breakers look awesome. I'm pretty happy with my Knuckle Draggers. Solid for the price. Not the neatest, but should last a long time.

Cheech

A-List Customer
You won’t be disappointed Dave! I can say for sure that they are the most expensive pair of shoes or boots I have ever purchased, but I did not experience a moment of buyers remorse since I bought them.

How are these sized relative to the usual suspects (Redwing, Alden, etc.)? I usually wear 11D, but I’ve read that these run narrow and small.

El Marro

How are these sized relative to the usual suspects (Redwing, Alden, etc.)? I usually wear 11D, but I’ve read that these run narrow and small.
Cheech,
Lengthwise I believe I went with my normal size which is 10 1/2. These boots do run a little narrower which is why Standard and Strange offer them in an E. I hope this helps.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I've just ordered two pairs of William Lennon boots, this might be a good time to order if you're thinking of doing so, the wait at the moment is twelve weeks so I imagine it'll be a lot longer in winter. Mine should be ready for when it's cold, lovely jubbly. William Lennon can use Horween for a small extra charge so I ordered one pair in black Horween and the other in the good old cordovan no 8. They’re basically like my jackets on my feet.

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I am always wearing a leather jacket weather permitting when I am outdoors unless sailing or riding my bicycle. When sporting I wear western boots
left to right JB Hill calf, Lucchese goat San Antonio, Lucchese Ostrich, Lucchese overlay steer, (all ebay finds) Paul Bond Bisson made to measure.
View attachment 176106
T. O. Standley Anteater, Pual Bond Shark Skin relast by PB to measure, M.L. Leddy, Falcon Aligator, M. L. Leddy Anteater (all ebay finds)
View attachment 176107
When I want to make a statement Fommer bespoken full wellington french calf worn with a Dobbs fourty and one of the jackets shown Star Gove, Buco J24, Harley Davidson long half belt
View attachment 176108
On the motorcycle Whites Nomad Clunky Wide welt used for upshifts and
vibrant soles for grip and to help me reach the ground with my short legs
View attachment 176109
everyday summer standard Whites bounty hunters oil tan
View attachment 176110
everyday winter wear Whites bounty hunter made to order leather lines CXL 7 " double insoles
View attachment 176111
For the more formal occasions or diners Grknson English shoes, Whites Simi Dress, Church's English shoes, Allen Edmonds Shell
View attachment 176112
Jonbuilder i like your style. Super western boot collection, awesome MC jackets esp the Star, but the Dobbs Forty wins it for me!! If it’s a 71/8-1/4 and you ever want to pass it on, i’m game.
Thanks. Bowen

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
Hoping someone can clear this up, i'm looking to get a new pair of boots and like the look of Chippewa Service boots. However I keep hearing these run big, up to a size bigger and have been recommended to get a full size smaller than my regular size. Im normally a 8.5 UK (9.5 US) but in some boots I can wear a small UK 9. I tend to do better in wide fitting boots and my best fit are 8.5H (Aus/UK) RM Williams boots. Anyone got any advice on Chippewa, particularly the service boots and a recommend on sizing?.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ