Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Schambach

Practically Family
Anyone with experience with these?
https://www.oliberte.com/category/mens
I need a wedge sole, high heeled boots absolutely wreck my knees and these look afordable enough for me to take a stab at them. I won't ever spend more than a couple hundred bucks on footwear.
No experience with those, but Wesco makes a nice romeo for about $200. The looks are a bit, um, polarizing, heh. Great shoes, and the raptor wedge soles are awesome too, a little stiffer than vibram christy, and the grip is amazing, especially on wet surfaces.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Teacore club engineer boots 2nd batch finally arrived at my fds workshop with slight modifications.
EF94DB20-51DB-4E0A-A326-9AC6D726D033.jpeg
8D61FE7C-028F-41F6-B823-BB76B1E8430B.jpeg

58panheadfan

One Too Many

WIguy

New in Town
I’ve perused a few pages here - definitely have not read all of them.
anybody been wearing Frye boots? Seems like this crowd would appreciate. One of these days I’ll post a photo or two.
allen Edmonds have been stepping up their boot game of late too.

im generally in the “brown” camp.

ojaw

A-List Customer
I’ve perused a few pages here - definitely have not read all of them.
anybody been wearing Frye boots? Seems like this crowd would appreciate. One of these days I’ll post a photo or two.
allen Edmonds have been stepping up their boot game of late too.

im generally in the “brown” camp.
Do they still make any boots in the US?

WIguy

New in Town
Allen Edmonds, yes. I live < 1 hour from the factory.
Frye? I think they are manufacturing outside the US. Most likely in Mexico.
would have to dig out a box to confirm. But they are very nice. Like glove leather.

Blackadder

Only a few models are made in USA now. A few years ago, they had a couple of made in USA engineer boots and more models. Now only these
https://www.thefryecompany.com/collections/men-shoes-made-in-usa
I have a few pairs of Frye. Campus, Cowboy boots back when I was living in LA and they were still made in the States. More recently bought a pair of the new made in USA Harness also a couple of pairs of Coach x Frye that is made probably in Mexico at Coach outlet.
Frye makes casual boots with soft leather and lining not work boots like Red Wing or Chippewa though.

red devil

Same. You love to see it. Leather jackets don't look as good if the whole outfit isn't thought out

This an interesting topic. Leather jackets are really versatile, they can look good in so many diffferent ways. I think it is more of making sure nothing else in your outfit clashed with it.

Same could be said of boots and footwear, especially those we look at in this thread..

I think it is when you wear visually striking jackets - typical fare in the outerwear section - with visually striking shoes - typicl fare in this thread and others such as the engineer boots and western boots threads - that you need to pay attention.

Same. You love to see it. Leather jackets don't look as good if the whole outfit isn't thought out
Agreed to a certain extent...There's also something to be said for effortless style vs. deliberate style and I prefer the former to the latter. I don't like the look of a scripted uniform. I also don't think style has as much to do with the actual clothes being worn, what really matters is how a person wears them.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This an interesting topic.
I have trouble understanding how some people might invest lots of time effort and money into finding one particular piece of clothing (eg a fancy leather jacket) yet for the rest of their outfit they settle for mediocre quality items.

Personally I have a very strong interest footwear, denim, chinos, dress shirts, t-shirts, sweaters, suits, bags, belts, card holders, braces, pocket squares, sportscoats, waistcoats, formal coats, hats, spectacles, helmets etc etc. Pretty much every clothing / accessory item one can think of that can be made to some high standard.

I really can not understand how someone can wear a fancy $2k jacket while wearing $200 dollar shoes or mall grade jeans.

Maybe it has something to do with my background in luxury fashion retail :)

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I have trouble understanding how some people might invest lots of time effort and money into finding one particular piece of clothing (eg a fancy leather jacket) yet for the rest of their outfit they settle for mediocre quality items.

Personally I have a very strong interest footwear, denim, chinos, dress shirts, t-shirts, sweaters, suits, bags, belts, card holders, braces, pocket squares, sportscoats, waistcoats, formal coats, hats, spectacles, helmets etc etc. Pretty much every clothing / accessory item one can think of that can be made to some high standard.

I really can not understand how someone can wear a fancy $2k jacket while wearing $200 dollar shoes or mall grade jeans.

Maybe it has something to do with my background in luxury fashion retail :)
$ (disposable income) is one reason why. I spend the cost of the freewheelers catalog on my kids every year. It prevents me from indulging as much as some. Also my salary, some of you are doing quite well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto