Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Have you looked at Phigvel?
DC900163-E318-4929-9079-6490DB5F7D2F.jpeg

Last edited:

Leatherbirdsoul

One of the Regulars
I'd love to find some wide toe box/zero heel drop boots that look semi classic to wear with my jackets. They wouldn't even have to be minimalist. A hard flat sole would be fine! I've been in minimalist shoes long enough that my toe spread gets crushed in any traditional boot.
I ride a vintage bicycle with toe cages, and I have some squishy toed sneakers I wear but not for longer than a couple hours, so that's sortof OK. And on the motorcycle it's the same thing with riding boots, tolerable for a few hours.
But walking around all day I'd really like some minimal boot options. And something that can be resoled. I feel like there is a hole in the industry that would be filled by a company that decided to make boots like either Wesco on the high end or Chippewa on the value end. Traditional construction but with a barefoot mindset.
White's Swing last is wide in the toe. After the first pair of swings, I had White's custom bump the big toe area even more.

They are certainly not zero drop. But the last is much less dramatic than their tall heel boots.

In Elk Tan leather. Thick but supple.
BF498534-5F65-4DB9-94A8-AFD8B5ADD7E0.jpeg

Franko13

New in Town
Hi Gents - Was curious if anyone has any experience with Zerrows boots or Boneakers? I was considering a pair but couldn’t find much info online about quality/fit. Cheers!

jeo

One Too Many
Been on a roll upping my footwear game recently.

Bought yesterday, received today. Never thought I would own a pair of Clinch engineers. Holy hell these are nice!

IMG-8730.jpg

I think they go well with the pretty shiny leather on my Frobisher. It may not look it by the expression on my face, but I'm ecstatic!

IMG-8727.jpg
IMG-8714.jpg
IMG-8715.jpg

Also picked up a pair of the ready made anniversary Boondockers from Role Club.

IMG-8731.jpg

jeo

One Too Many
Jeo, I don't know what you had before. But dang, upping your boot game to Clinch and Role Club is one hell of a double home run.
Had some nice stuff but nothing like these Clinches.
I’m going in the opposite direction of Jeo— sneakers. Wolverine, Harley, Converse for sale for $50 or less. Too many colors to count. And my calluses are gone too lol.
It can be argued that a pair of chuck t’s is all one really needs.

Not sure about chucks on rainy days or after middle age lol

I’ve got some leather chucks and wolverine high top sneakers. If middle age is the cutoff I’m screwed lol.

My boots are still in the closet and I do still frequently wear them to work. But a nice sneaker is like laying on a huge satin pillow for me.

Psant25

One Too Many
Countless custom boots bought and sold i have come full circle lol. Some new 10875s from my local red wing shop. First pair of “nice” boots were 10875s i bought about 15 yrs ago. Ended up gifting them to my brother. Looking to get some wear into these. Other than my custom black jacks on order (8 mths waiting) pretty much gonna try to wear these hard and my new rw 8111 iron rangers. Dont feel as bad beating them up and hard to beat the leather, qaulity control, overall construction for the price.
D9B475EB-013A-41D0-8698-6DEA70DCB422.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ