Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - 1940s Schoble Spinner SIZE 7

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I've been going back and forth weather to put this one up for sale or not. Its a VERY rare hat, but the dimensions are not my style. I do not usually wear wide brims and the crown isn't quite as full as I would like. It has the PERFECT crown shape for c-crowns and teardrops, but I like to wear my hats with a tall center-dent. I got this from Robert a couple months back and I wasn't sure if the wide brim would suit me. I've worn it a couple times for a short period of time and it just isn't me. That being said, its the PERFECT 40'S HAT. This hat is absolutely MINT! The un-reeded sweatband is perfect, the felt is perfect, the ribbon is perfect, and the printing is perfect. I believe there have only been about 4 Schoble Spinners found on the lounge and I believe this is only the second wide brim. Its extremely rare! I was going to put this on ebay first, but I then decided to post it here first. I REALLY want this hat to go to a lounger who will wear it and show it lots of head time. If this was a 30's Spinner, I would never sell it, but like I said, I'm not really into 40's hats. There have been a few exceptions, but on the whole, I like 1930's and prior hats.

I'm asking $110 SHIPPED to anywhere in the CONUS

Open Crown: 5 1/2 inches tall

Brim: 2 3/4 inches wide

Ribbon: 1 1/2 inches wide

DSC07835.jpg

DSC07836.jpg

DSC07838.jpg

DSC07837.jpg

DSC07839.jpg

DSC07840.jpg

DSC07841.jpg

DSC07842.jpg

DSC07833.jpg

DSC07823.jpg

Paul Roerich

"A List" Customer
Can't believe it isn't gone.

Welcome to the FL Classifieds section, where things sit and sit, sometimes for years ... unless they're extra super special (and then RLK will buy them ;)) or cut-rate priced. It ain't a sellers' market here, and probably never will be.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Quite a rare and attractive hat. Quite a reasonable price. Can't believe it isn't gone.

B

Thanks, Bill. I will give it till tonight and then its going on ebay. It seems unless something says "Whippet" on it, even the really rare stuff doesn't stir a ton of interest.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the FL Classifieds section, where things sit and sit, sometimes for years ...

Not in this case. My generosity to post on the lounge first expires tonight. I never put reserves on hats that I sell, but rest assured this hat will have a reserve if it goes to ebay.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
The auction ends today. If any loungers are bidding on the hat, just to let you know, the reserve is set at $100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy