Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - 1940'S Stetson WHIPPET Fedora Green Gray Size 7 - on EBAY (Mine)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This beauty is on ebay. Its a wonderful color, but like I said in my auction, its not as green as the pictures show. The color is greenish gray. This is an early Whippet where the "Whippet" stamp is only marked on the sweatband and NOT the liner. This hat dates to the mid-late 40's. It has great proportions and much cooler ribbon work than the 50's Whippets. The early ones from the 40's are getting harder and harder to come by.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281027869151

DSC08084.jpg

DSC08085.jpg

DSC08087.jpg

DSC08089.jpg

DSC08090.jpg

DSC08091.jpg

DSC08088.jpg

DSC08093.jpg

DSC08095.jpg

DSC08096.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
One really fine hat. I sure hope this will stir up a price frenzy for you, would be nice to see it hit a $450.00 or more "sold for" price to help you have a larger Santa Claus fund....Size and current budget keeps me from bidding on it, however you do always have such wonderful looking hats for sale. I wish you all the best on this one. It is so very nice.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
One really fine hat. I sure hope this will stir up a price frenzy for you, would be nice to see it hit a $450.00 or more "sold for" price to help you have a larger Santa Claus fund....Size and current budget keeps me from bidding on it, however you do always have such wonderful looking hats for sale. I wish you all the best on this one. It is so very nice.

Thank you very much. I think it would be awesome to see this hat hit $450, but based on the size, I doubt that will happen. Its a beautiful hat in a very neat color. The sweatband is so comfortable and whoever buys this hat will absolutely love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy