Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale - 44" Lost Worlds 'Dubow' A-2

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I am selling one of LW's original series of A-2s, supposedly based on the J A Dubow design. I am asking 80 GB pounds for it, not including postage (shipping). PM me for measurements, etc.

The jacket is in heavy russett horsehide and has some very jerky (grained) parts, particularly on the sleeves where it is most 'broken in'. As one of the early examples, some of the details are different from the current offering. The press studs (snaps), for instance, are black and are by 'Stocko'. The zip is, of course, an old-style US reproduction chrome Talon.

Its general condition is sound with no significant wear or abrasions and the zipper and lining are in good condition. All the snaps work fine. The only 'issue' (as people say) that I can see is a small tear in the knit of one cuff that has been darned.

It lost its neck size tag some years ago (the miss-spelled contract label that Identifies it as LW is still present), but the pocket tag makes it a 44. I would say it has a trim fit - much less 'relaxed' than the recent LW jackets in the same size. I would say it is the equivalent of a modern 42 at most.

I have owned it for many years and it has given me good service under all conditions and I fully expect it to continue to do so for years to come. It is now much too large for me (age-related weight loss) or I would keep it.

Scorpio1972

New in Town
Please e-mail me !!!

Hello,
I'm interested, would you please contact me on chile1972 (at) gmail.com
with measurements and pics.

Would you consider shipping to Sweden?

Regards,
Scorpio1972

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
LW Dubow A2

Hi, I'd also be interested in seeing images (i.hamerton@surrey.ac.uk) with basic measurements (front length, shoulder width, epaulette length, chest, arm length) please if Scorpio1972 is not interested in pursuing it.

I'm based in Hampshire, so shipping would be somewhat easier.

Best wishes

Ian

H.Johnson said:
I am selling one of LW's original series of A-2s, supposedly based on the J A Dubow design. I am asking 80 GB pounds for it, not including postage (shipping). PM me for measurements, etc.

The jacket is in heavy russett horsehide and has some very jerky (grained) parts, particularly on the sleeves where it is most 'broken in'. As one of the early examples, some of the details are different from the current offering. The press studs (snaps), for instance, are black and are by 'Stocko'. The zip is, of course, an old-style US reproduction chrome Talon.

Its general condition is sound with no significant wear or abrasions and the zipper and lining are in good condition. All the snaps work fine. The only 'issue' (as people say) that I can see is a small tear in the knit of one cuff that has been darned.

It lost its neck size tag some years ago (the miss-spelled contract label that Identifies it as LW is still present), but the pocket tag makes it a 44. I would say it has a trim fit - much less 'relaxed' than the recent LW jackets in the same size. I would say it is the equivalent of a modern 42 at most.

I have owned it for many years and it has given me good service under all conditions and I fully expect it to continue to do so for years to come. It is now much too large for me (age-related weight loss) or I would keep it.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Scorpio1972 said:
Hello,
I'm interested, would you please contact me on chile1972 (at) gmail.com
with measurements and pics.

Would you consider shipping to Sweden?

Regards,
Scorpio1972

Hello

I received your PM OK and you are first in line. I will email you with measurements and quote for shipping to Sweden. If you don't want it, Dr H is next in line.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I know that LW is often criticised in terms of accuracy. OK, fair enough (you may wish to compare this LW Dubow with Andrew's original Dubow on 'Outerwear'. What I don't think we can criticise is the toughness of their wares. This jacket is about twenty years old and has been regularly subjected to all sorts of adventure wear, including on one occasion being completely immersed in water for a period of time (with me in it!).

jackets008.jpg

I think it's condition speaks for itself - just graining around the arms.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
No, I am not sure, but the manufacturer assured me that it was horsehide when I bought it. Let us say that it has the appearance and feel of horshide but as it cannot be proven without a DNA test it is priced accordingly.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great Price for a Great piece of Horse Hide!!

Herb Johnson is one of our finest and respected members (most of the time anyway - eh Herb ;) ). He's not doing you a 'good deal' ...he's offering you an AMAZING DEAL..!!

I have no hesitation in vouching for the honesty and integrity of this gentleman and he 'tells it as it is!'

The price alone is basically giving it away!! The LW jackets are famous for their 'take anything thrown at it' hides, they're pretty indestructible.

If Stu at LW says it's HH, then it's HH (forget all this DNA rubbish).

Bottom line...GREAT JACKET...GREAT PRICE...and MADE IN AMERICA in NYC (He's giving it away at 'that' price folks!!).

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Speedster - I believe I have a buyer, thanks.

Paddy - I believe that rgraham is joking, and should be taken in that context he's referring to another thread in which I bring news of some success in DNA testing being able to tell horsehide from cowhide.

rgraham

A-List Customer
H.Johnson said:
Speedster - I believe I have a buyer, thanks.

Paddy - I believe that rgraham is joking, and should be taken in that context he's referring to another thread in which I bring news of some success in DNA testing being able to tell horsehide from cowhide.

You are correct sir. Hence the little winking dude at the end of the sentence.

:rolleyes:

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Lost Worlds 'Dubow' A2

Hello Herb

Just a quick confirmatory message (can't post PMs at present). I presume that Scorpio1972 has liked what he has seen from the images and the sale is going ahead. If so, wear it in good health Scorpio...:)

Ian

Scorpio1972

New in Town
Thanks Dr H
If everything goes well, I'll have an awsome jacket here soon and will definitively wear it in good health ;)

Best regards,

Scorpio

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Indeed, the jacket is all packed up and a shipping quote will be obtained tomorrow, then hopefully the financial transaction will be completed in short order and my old friend will be on its way to Sweden, where it will continue to enjoy an appropriately rugged lifestyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy