Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Excellent 'Royal Scott' VERY Light Blue/Grey Fedora 7 1/4

Roan

One of the Regulars
Hello all,
It's been quite some time since I've posted here. Over the course of the next several days I will be posting a number of hats for sale from my collection; I do not part with them willingly but, having lost my employment last December, I find myself in need of cash. I have too many hats really so, I'm just trying to think of this as a little spring cleaning; plus I know that the members here will take good care of them, and that's a comfort.

Anyhow, without further ado:

Up first is my Royal Scott, the felt is kind of a steel blue/grey; the pictures really do not do justice to the color, and make it appear a bit lighter than it is. There are no moth bites, nibbles, or stains on the felt. The crown stands 5in at it's tallest, with a 1 1/2in light aqua green ribbon; it has a 2 1/4in bound edge brim, with a 1 3/4in wide unreeded sweatband, and a pleated lining. Now the lining has some very minor soiling near the front and a tiny spot in the rear, it shouldn't be an issue as it isn't very noticeable. It is truly a beautiful hat, very classy with tons of style and a subtle, understated, color scheme. As I said before, you really can't get the true idea of the color from the pictures as it just ended up looking grey but, I assure you, it's not. Overall, the hat is in very decent condition, and is quite close to being pristine; I would guess that it was made somewhere in the 1950's. I'm asking $170 or best offer, I'm not set in stone on the price so feel free to make me an offer.

Cheers,
- R

DSCN0516.jpg

DSCN0517.jpg

DSCN0518.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

DSCN0520.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0522.jpg

20150419_151621.jpg

20150419_151534.jpg

Forum statistics