Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE: Navy Issue (Kersey) Peacoat; Leather Peacoat; Leather Topcoat; Wool Topcoat

NukeMeSlowly

One of the Regulars
For Sale: Navy Issue (Kersey) Pea Coat; Leather Pea Coat; Leather Topcoat; Wool Topcoat [Different Sizes]

All these coats are heavy (5.5 pounds or more). So instead of one flat rate which may not be your best deal, PM me with your zip code and I will send you the total cost for each item you are interested in using whatever USPS service you prefer (e.g., Parcel Post, Priority Mail). I ship from Maryland.
[International shipping is also available. The cost will vary according to destination country and desired shipping method.]

Measurements (in inches) are my best conscientious effort with a measuring tape.

[chest=pit to pit & doubled; shoulder=seam to seam across back; sleeve=shoulder seam down to end of cuff; length=bottom of collar down to jacket end]

To help you with color differentiation in the accompanying pictures, the shirt is white and the tie is dark blue.

Please send me a PM to purchase or for any questions. Payment via PayPal.

USN issue Wool Pea Coat
Kersey Blue Size 42R

Double breasted; Seven fouled anchor buttons (four to button); thick 100% melton wool with heavy cotton pocket liners; full lining; extended stand-up collar; single vent

chest: 46 Sleeves: 24 Shoulder: 19.5 Length: 32.5

If you want a genuine pea coat in blue that's 100% wool, you won't be able to get it from Schott or Sterlingwear. Starting sometime in the late 1970s or early 1980s, the Navy stopped issuing Kersey blue (akin to midnight blue) coats and switched to black. They also switched to a wool/nylon blend fabric with a poly liner.

This coat was originally issued in 1968 but is in very good condition for its age with only a few minor shiny spots and moth bites. Nice substantial collar to pop up.

I own two Kersey pea coats and I love them. They shrug off snow and rain and block out chill winds. Give them a once over with a Kent brush and they glow. Kersey coats were made in the era before poly fill lining, so the 100% wool melton had to be very substantial to keep the wearer warm. THIS COAT IS HEAVY (almost 6 pounds), not flimsy like the crap you find at BR or the Gap. These coats have deep cotton lined pockets that keep your hands nice and toasty. It is amazing how something so outwardly soft and comfortable can be so hard wearing and durable.

$70 *SOLD*

ForSale043_zpsf6a9c909.jpg

ForSale045_zps149bb998.jpg

Lakeland Leather Pea Coat
Oxblood (with Tan Contrast Stitching) Size 42

Double breasted; Full belt with metal buckle and metal grommets (belt holes); Six leather buttons (three to button); Heavy leather shell with full insulated (I believe) nylon lining; Three (two external and one internal) pockets; extended stand-up collar; single vent

Chest: 42 Sleeves: 24.75 (+1) Shoulder: 17.75 Length: 32

This jacket is BAD ASS! If only it was a few inches bigger, there is no way I would be selling it. It is a rich, dark oxblood color with dark tan contrast stitching. The leather is soft with a very nicely developed patina. There is some color transfer on the lining and some nicks and scratches on the leather but overall the jacket is really good shape for its age. This coat is HEFTY - about 5.5 pounds - and promises years of excellent wear for its lucky next owner.

$70

ForSale028_zps8f843b2e.jpg

ForSale032_zps8d6af0f3.jpg

Lakeland Leather Topcoat
Medium Dark Brown Size 42

Single breasted; Three quarter length; Full belt; Three leather buttons (three to button); Heavy leather shell with full insulated (I believe) nylon lining; Three (two external and one internal) pockets; extended stand-up collar; single vent

Chest: 45 Sleeves: 25.5 (+1) Shoulder: 18.875 Length: 40

This jacket is almost flawless. The leather is butter soft and the lining is unblemished. It is a rich medium dark brown in color. Aside from some wear on the leather buttons and the belt buckle, it looks showroom new. To continue with a trend, this coat is HEFTY - about 5.75 pounds - and gives you the opportunity to develop its own unique patina as you wear it.

$70

ForSale022_zpsa127e7df.jpg

ForSale023_zps537c7b91.jpg

Lakeland Wool Topcoat
Light Tan Size 38

Double breasted; Half belt in the back; Seven buttons (four to button); thick 100% wool; Dual level lining - top level is thick insulation and bottom level is heavy wool tattersall (see photos); Two external slash pockets; Three internal pockets - two button through and one large zip up (see photos); extended stand-up collar; single vent

chest: 42 Sleeves: 25 (+1.5) Shoulder: 18 Length: 38

Something for the smaller guys! I really wish I had found this in my size. This coat weighs in at about 5.5 pounds. The wool shell is in excellent vintage condition with only a few small shiny spots and moth bites. While the outside looks great, it is the lining that really makes this coat. It is in perfect condition and as you can see in the accompanying photos, it is a dual system of sorts. The top level of the lining is an insulated fabric. The bottom level consists of a beautiful wool tattersall. It has two button-thru chest pockets and a large zip-up hip pocket suitable for stashing gloves or your favorite handheld electronic device. Someone needs to rock this coat!

$55

ForSale035_zps61808ed6.jpg

ForSale037_zps8fdf2775.jpg

ForSale039_zps20ecca7f.jpg

Last edited:

mihai

A-List Customer
HI,

I am firmly interested in the Kersey pea coat.
Can you detail please about moth bites? Where are they, how big, perhaps some pictures if possible?
Any repairs on outer shell?
Moth damage is actual or it comes from the past?
Was it dry cleaned?

Thank you!

NukeMeSlowly

One of the Regulars
HI,

Can you detail please about moth bites? Where are they, how big, perhaps some pictures if possible?
Was it dry cleaned?

Thank you!

Hello and thank you for your interest:

Let me answer you questions one by one.

1.) Can you detail please about moth bites? Where are they, how big, perhaps some pictures if possible?

The bites, as a whole are small and scattered around the jacket. I have only found one actually hole in the wool shell - about the size of a large pin head - but this DOES NOT go through the lining. I am attaching links to all the photos I have now of the jacket (FL limits the number of photos you upload in the Classifieds). I will go over the shell again and send you new photos of any issue I see.

2.) Any repairs on outer shell?

I am not the original owner but I can see no repairs that have been made.

3.) Moth damage is actual or it comes from the past?

I am not sure exactly what you mean here. Since I have had the jacket, it has been stored in a closet with moth balls so I know that no moth damage has taken place while in my custody. That said, I must assume that this happened during the previous owner's tenure.

4.) Was it dry cleaned?

I have not dry cleaned this jacket. Absent serious stains, I do not believe in dry cleaning wool garments. Instead, (like I do with all my suits) I have steamed the jacket and cleaned it with a Kent clothes brush.

Please review the attached photos. I will get back to you shortly with a follow up (with photos) that specifically addresses your concerns about moth damage.

ForSale043_zpsf6a9c909.jpg

ForSale044_zpsdd5e0966.jpg

ForSale047_zps625fd010.jpg

ForSale045_zps149bb998.jpg

ForSale046_zps38b8be42.jpg

Last edited:

NukeMeSlowly

One of the Regulars
HI,

Was it dry cleaned?

Thank you!

As promised, here are the additional photos:

I did my best to get as much natural light involved as possible to give you the clearest take on the coat's overall condition.

The Lining:

ForSale061_zps2a195bb3.jpg

ForSale060_zpsda3859a0.jpg

As illustrated, it is fully intact and essentially unblemished.

The Outer Shell:

ForSale062_zps61fbc59d.jpg

ForSale063_zps6448318a.jpg

ForSale067_zps7f032a03.jpg

Has been steamed and brushed and is essentially intact and looking very good for a jacket that is over 40 years old.

The One Hole I Found (Left Arm/Elbow Area):

ForSale066_zps5b4250b5.jpg

ForSale065_zpsb5607872.jpg

ForSale064_zps49f4f1f2.jpg

The hole is the size of large pin head. I taped a 5 cent coin just above it to illustrate its relative size and location. As mentioned before, this hole does not penetrate the lining. This is a very easy fix.

I hope all of this additional information proves helpful. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy