Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale - Vanson Chopper size 36 (fits like 38/40)

LordOfLeather

One of the Regulars
I'm very sad to sell this one, but must accept that it's too small after gaining weight. I've seen quite a few Choppers now and this is the best one I've handled in regards to construction and leather quality. Absolutely beautiful jacket in like new condition.

- $600 + shipping of buyer’s choice, PayPal Friends and Family
- Thurston Bros. version in Competition Weight cowhide with nickel hardware and rayon lining
- Tag size is 36 but it fits like a 38 or 40 (measures 20" pit-to-pit)
- This is an excellent batch of comp weight leather. Thick but supple and doesn’t have a finish that chips and cracks, like I’ve seen on some Vanson comp weight jackets
- The one improvement I made was to punch additional holes in the side adjuster straps to allow more nuanced fitment. I have proper leather crafting tools, so used a leather hole punch to add an additional hole between each of the standard holes. Before this, each waist adjustment brought it in or out two whole inches. Now it can be adjusted in one inch increments

IMG_9257.jpg IMG_9258.jpg IMG_9259.jpg IMG_9262.jpg IMG_9267.jpg IMG_9268.jpg IMG_9606.jpg IMG_9607.jpg IMG_9608.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner