Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Vintage 1950s Stetson Open Road - 7-1/4 to 7-3/8

TPD166

One Too Many
FOR SALE: 1950s Stetson Royal Deluxe Open Road, buckskin (tan) color, with wind trolley. Brim width is 2-3/4” and un-bashed crown is about 5+” tall. I’ve had this hat for about two years. When I bought it, it came with a cattleman crease, but easily re-shapes and I’ve had it in a teardrop for a while now. It came to me as a 7-1/4 “mid-oval” and fits me as snug 7-3/8. I usually wear a 7-3/8 – 7-1/2 and if I store the hat on a stetcher, it fits me fine – but if you leave it off the stretcher, it goes back to 7-1/4. No mothing or odors, but does have a few spots, most are visible in the photos. The sweatband is starting to crack as shown in the photos, but I keep it treated with Lexol and so far it is holding its own. Overall it is a good, solid, wearable vintage Open Road. I have used it for everyday wear, but recently picked another similar Open Road and decided to find this one a new home. Asking $90.00 shipped in the U.S.. If you have any questions, or are interested, please send me a PM or email me thru TFL (preferred).

Last edited:

TPD166

One Too Many
I'm between a 7-3/8 and 7-1/2 and it has worked for me keeping it stored on a stretcher. If I had not found a similar one recently, I'd keep it - because of the color, this one was one of my "go to" hats.

brook0

New in Town
Hi,
Not sure if my note got sent? I will take this nice hat for $65. :)
Thank you,
brook0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW