Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Vintage Stetson Whippet - Light Grey size 7 3/8

maintcoder

A-List Customer
I am selling a vintage Stetson Whippet in a light grey color sized 7 3/8. This hat is in fantastic shape. Pictures are here:

Light Grey Whippet 2.1
Light Grey Whippet 2.2
Light Grey Whippet 2.3
Light Grey Whippet 2.4
Light Grey Whippet 2.5

I wanted to offer this hat to the good members of the Fedora Lounge before I placed it on eBay. I am looking for the best offer over $30 plus shipping before next Saturday 3/8 at 5PM.

PM your offers to me and I will contact all interested parties on 3/9 with the results.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Thanks for the interest, M_Jones.

Here are the hat's full set of measurements in inches. Let me know if I missed anything.

Inside - 8 1/4 front to back, 6 3/4 side to side, approximately 22 3/4 circumference
Crown - 5 in front, 3 1/2 in back, 5 overall (when unbashed)
Brim - 2 1/2 when measured from sweatband to outside edge.

Sorry for the incorrect information posted in this reply last night.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
~

The hat is still for sale, I believe the previous post was an attempt to 'withdraw' a comment.

Sorry for any confusion - the hat is still available through Saturday at 5PM.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
The hat is still for sale pending the bid end date of Saturday 3/8 at 5PM. If you want it, enter a bid and we'll see how it goes.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
I guess you could say that.

If it is not allowed, then I humbly apologize and will post the hats onto eBay.

It's good of you, maintcoder, to offer FL members first crack at that Whippet (and the other hats you've posted here in the classifieds) before going the eBay route.
I'm not advancing my own cause by saying this, but ... in recent years I've bought vintage hats on eBay, from vintage/antique shops, and from the FL classifieds. The FL has proven far and away the better experience over eBay. The sellers know what they're selling (no bad surprises) and place some value in knowing those old lids are going to fellow old-hat fanciers rather than people who may or may not appreciate what they are buying. Preservation of the breed, and all that.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Tony. I have a few more to sell that I was beginning to wonder if I shouldn't just put on eBay if using the Fedora Lounge Classifieds in this manner was some sort of problem. It is nice to know the effort (for all the reasons you stated) is appreciated.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
I bid ---- ONE DOLLAR! That's right! Goin' for the gusto here! ONE DOLLAR!

Edited to add: Alright, make it a CANADIAN dollar. Yep, one Loonie. It may break me, but some things...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24