Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For those with an open mind (Men's fashion across most modern eras)

Edward

Bartender
The relative size differences is one strong reason why a lot of real vintage suits end up in Japan, I guess... Western people in the past were notably smaller, in general, than we are now, and a lot of that stuff just doesn't fit most of us now, but it might do in a place where the folks tend to be slighter-built. Certainly it took some years of searching to find my tail coat, an original 30s piece, in a large enough size for me, a 42R. The vast majority of vintage tails I see selling are 36-38" chest. Seems to me folks were also much shorter in the Golden Era. The number of beautiful suits I've had to pass up in eBay which seemed perfect in every measurement, right up until it came to the inside leg.... I only need a 32" inside leg - regular length, nowadays - but virtually every vintage suit I see nowadays is either 30" or even 28" with nowhere near enough of a hem to bring it down enough. :(

GBR

One of the Regulars
Whilst I can't confess to like them all he certainly offers vast scope to create garments of your choice -in the knowledge he knows what he is about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner