Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trade: Stetson Royal Deluxe Open Road Size 7 - traded, no longer available

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Good to very good condition with bound brim and narrow band. Those in the know here on the Lounge tell me it is a product of the late 50’s. Clean and very soft. Will take any dry crease you put into it. Needs some steam, I have been told, to help set the crease and hold it in place. 5 ¼ to 5 ½ open crown, 2 ¾ brim. 2 inch sweat band in good condition, very pliable leather. A few small, what appear to be staple holes on the rear of the sweat band. A small piece of the sweatband at the rear is torn. Size tag is included but has been torn from the hat. Four small pieces of tape hold the liner in place. People here on the lounge suggest that that is evidence of a prior cleaning. The tape is somewhat yellowish, suggesting that they have been in place for many years. There is some discoloration on the sides of the liner, but very minor. The cellophane has been removed from the liner although there are still some small pieces along the stiches of the top and sides of the liner. No other markings other than a block code (?) on the inside of the sweatband. The ends of the bow are slightly frayed and there is a small section of discoloration on the band at about the 11:00 o’clock position. Brim binding and ribbon are a light yellow/gold color. I’m not sure if this was standard or if the “silverbelly” color of the ribbon and binding have just aged. The hat comes without a hat box from the manufacturer.

I would absolutely love to keep this hat but it is just “that much” too small and I’d rather trade it for something in my size rather than risk damaging the hat trying to get it up a size. Looking to trade for another Stetson of equivalent age and condition in a size 7 1/8 (preferred) or 7 ¼.

Hats4.jpg Hats5.jpg Hats6.jpg Hats7.jpg Hats8.jpg Hats9.jpg HatsRRRR1.jpg HatsRRRR2.jpg HatsRRRR3.jpg

Attachments

• HatsRRRR4.jpg
    HatsRRRR4.jpg
    822.8 KB · Views: 153

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB