Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forgotten history

Tfranks

New in Town
Found in a closet unworn and possibly looking for a new owner. But check this bad boy out!! Never worn!! Who does that? A little stiff but hey, so would you be if you were hung in a closet for over 40 years.
IMG_2570.jpeg
IMG_2571.jpeg
IMG_2572.jpeg
IMG_2574.jpeg
IMG_2573.jpeg
IMG_2575.jpeg

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Great find! Maybe someone bought it and then felt they weren’t quite cool enough to pull off wearing a Perfecto so there it hung.

I recently bought a Schott Perfecto vest in the same unworn condition. It had been bought and then folded in half in a drawer for 40 years and was stiffer than cardboard. Very strange having to break in something that old.

Tfranks

New in Town
Great find! Maybe someone bought it and then felt they weren’t quite cool enough to pull off wearing a Perfecto so there it hung.

I recently bought a Schott Perfecto vest in the same unworn condition. It had been bought and then folded in half in a drawer for 40 years and was stiffer than cardboard. Very strange having to break in something that old.
Lots of good top shelf conditioners and a hair dryer to soak it in and slowly work the leather. Schott uses some pretty good skins , they usually come back if you do those things. Thanks for replying.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Yes, some conditioner will make it right again. i'm partial to Pecard, but there are other good ones available.
I did a pretty light go over with the Pecards and then tried wearing it a bit (mostly around the house as a Perfecto vest is a bit hard to incorporate into the wardrobe now that riding season is over). I waited a few weeks and the leather still seemed kind of dry and lifeless so worked in some Chamberlain’s Leather Milk which seemed to perk it up a bit. Still pretty darn stiff but it is new…just 40 years old new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic