Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Found a hat guy in Atlanta

Thank you for the follow up. I will continue my search. :)

The best "hat guy" near Atlanta used to have a shop on the square in Roswell until health reasons caused him to sell out.
He then went to work at Sackett's Western Wear in Jasper, http://www.sackettsonline.com/
He used to carry Beaver Brand fedoras, Open Road clones, but since they've gone out of business, I don't know what he carries.
Need to ride up there again....

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I visited Sackett's today. I was there around 2 pm. There was no one working on hats, but that is not unusual. Not a great deal of people bring in hats during the week.
I had a look around. I saw a handful of straws, a fair number of wools, a few fedoras but only 4 fur felt hats for sell. Three of which were Resistol City Limits 6Xs and a Lee Hat Company 5X.
It was a nice looking shop but very little selection, save in the feed department.
As I said no "hat person" present and to ice the cake I was the only person wearing a hat in the place. A few baseball caps but no one else in a fedora or western.
Perhaps I should visit on a Saturday.

kurtk2000

New in Town
Anyone ever find a good hat restorer in Georgia? I've got a Stetson I'd like to have blocked and cleaned. Maybe get it stretched 1/2 size larger.

Interesting news, I'll have to call him. Wonder if he was affiliated with a great hat store called "Roland Your Hatter" in Miami? Visited there just when I began my interest in hats and then it closed.
Do you know much about Roland the Hatter? I have one of his Barcelona fedoras. Stamped on the sweat is a '
"Designed by Roland" but does not say who made the actual hat. Was Roland a hat maker as well? I really like the hat but in a search could not find any info. I see his hats come up once or so in a blue moon, on Ebay or Timmies Closet. I would appreciate hearing what you know.
Thx, bob

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Anyone ever find a good hat restorer in Georgia? I've got a Stetson I'd like to have blocked and cleaned. Maybe get it stretched 1/2 size larger.

I don't know of any dress hat shops in Georgia that do repair work. As for stretching a hat 1/2 a size that sound a little optimistic. A 1/4 size is about the best to hope for.

Seriously, If I could find the equipment, I'd go into a side business of hat restoring/repair...not sure I'd want to do the custom hat making part but that is probably the lucrative part that keeps the doors open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy