Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

found a new site selling flight jackets...that did not seem to be overly expensive

hillbillylost

New in Town
Hello guys. I came across a site selling flight jackets that don't seem overly expensive. I am not talking about one particular jacket. Just wanted some input from you gents.
Thanks
Hilbilylost

Agreed. By I did get one nice A2 from USWings in antique cowhide for under $200 on sale. Wore it out this morning. love it, even though it's not "accurate".
Mostly though. Cheap means cheap. Better to buy a used Aero, Eastman, LW, Good Wear, etc on eBay. My two centavos.

I've learned a couple of things over the years.
If it looks to good to be true, it is.
You can make anything look "good" in a picture.
There is nothing that will end up costing you so much as trying to go "cheap". You will still crave the quality item, and end up getting it in the end. Interestingly, if you already own the "quality item", buying an item not quite of the same quality isn't as disappointing...as you can use it/wear it when without worry.

To answer your question, nope. Never heard of this retailer/brand. And unless one of the very experienced and knowledgeable folks here have personal experience with them and "clears them", I'd look elsewhere.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I took a look at one of the jackets. It said they have a 'fairly close fit' and to order a size up. It has been my experience that fairly close fit means made in places such as Pakistan or China. Take that for what it's worth, though, because I don't know where this particular jacket has been made. Also, I didn't see this caveat mentioned on some of the other jackets on the site.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Some of the leathers there (A-2, G-1) are US Authentic jackets. Or at least, they are using the same pictures that appear on the US A site - though some of the descriptions sound a bit off (the A-2 comes standard in black goatskin and has an exterior chest pocket?!?)

normanf

One of the Regulars
Almost all jackets on that site are going to be from China.

Unless you buy from an apparel company that makes its own jackets, expect them to be imported.

You do get what you pay for and price is not the only thing to look at in considering a clothing purchase.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy