Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Found a new sweater that I really like

BRJACKET

New in Town
I found a sweater I really like. It is pricey but it is made to order. The web site is http://www.manorhouse.clara.net/knitwear/index.htm

I like the Gansey "Filey" pattern (scroll down the page). I tried to insert a photo but it didn't work. There is a photo of 2 brothers. The Filey pattern is the one on the left. It is also interesting to read up on the history of the Gansey sweater. Have any of you had experience with this sweater?

Bill

jopi109

New in Town
flensburg.jpg

filey.jpg

Very nice sweaters but wow, are they expensive!:eeek:

I just ordered a Hand Knit Harris Roll Neck from here http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/products.php?cat=aerocloth&sub=aknit which I'm hoping will arrive in time for Christmas:)

Mark

Practically Family
Try SouWest Chunkies, fantastic jumpers, made to measure and a price that will make you smile!

Jules

New in Town
A while back a bought a DeVold sweater that is similar design but with no pattern , its very well made and the thickest wool jumper i have ever had. The other Devold Jumper the shop had was even thicker but I think it would have been impractical but it was also very nice.
Anyhoo search them out and see what you think.
I do like the pics of those jumpers and would wear one would go great with my Hercules.

Jules

jopi109

New in Town
A while back a bought a DeVold sweater that is similar design but with no pattern , its very well made and the thickest wool jumper i have ever had. The other Devold Jumper the shop had was even thicker but I think it would have been impractical but it was also very nice.
Anyhoo search them out and see what you think.
I do like the pics of those jumpers and would wear one would go great with my Hercules.

Jules

I too have a DeVold sweater - this one

nansenwcrew.jpg

From here http://www.norwegianstore.com/index.html

It's good quality and well made although it did go 'bobbly' (only after a lot of wear and hard use) but this thread inspired me to revive it. I dug it out and 'shaved' the fuzz and 'bobbles' off with my hair clippers and hey presto! It's like new!

John

BRJACKET

New in Town
It is a pricey sweater. I first saw a Gansey on the Orvis site. They have one that is custom made but costs $1,500.00 (now THAT is pricey). I googled and researched and found this site. At around $500.00 they are still expensive but not nearly as much as the Orvis version. I guess I am cursed to be constantly drawn to things that are expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy