Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fox Creek -A Versatile Riding Jacket

mygar

A-List Customer
While the jackets posted here have great style and quality ... let's face it, most are not very versatile for riding.

I just received this riding jacket from Fox Creek. Here are some details from Fox Creek website:
  • Crafted from 1.4-1.6mm thick, supple, full grain leather.
  • Dual front, rear, and sleeve vents provide maximum airflow.
  • Adjustable half belt and laced sides make the Classic I an optimal riding jacket for all seasons.
  • Armor provisional pockets in the elbows, shoulders, and back (armor not included)
  • Two inside pockets: Left with a snap closure, Right with a zipper closure.
  • Removable insulated full sleeve liner with hide-away fleece neck warmer.
  • Padded and extended kidney panel.
  • Antique Brass YKK Hardware.

This jacket is well suited for motorcycle riding. It's cut extra long in the back with a padded kidney panel.
Dual front and rear vents move the air through a mesh shell while an internal wind flap stops it cold at the zipper.

A zip out insulated liner means this jacket is perfect for hot and cold weather riding.

Side lacing enables you to contour the jacket to your body. An inside snap pocket is set in the leather facing where it won't rip out.

At a price of $590.00 ... you just cant go wrong.

I sized this so that I can layer under with a hoodie or tight fitted armor shirt ... and the fit is fantastic for me. Love the supple pebbled leather.

I planning on sending this in to a shop for a removable mouton collar.

Here are some pics:
20220518_120040.jpg
20220518_120128.jpg
20220518_120152.jpg
20220518_120056.jpg
20220518_120205.jpg
20220518_120225.jpg
20220518_120242.jpg
20220518_120307.jpg
20220518_120804.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
That's a lot of jacket for the money! I've always wondered about Fox Creek but never seen one till now. Thanks for sharing.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Style-wise, I can't stand the vents. They ruin the look and style of the jacket, to me. A lot of FC customers don't seem to mind, and they are built well from what I have heard.

mygar

A-List Customer
It's a dedicated riding jacket, and the vents are useful as the day heats up. I actually like the vents because of their functionality.
For those of us who ride a lot ... and in many climates ... you are absolutely right. This is about function on the bike ... and although we all like style ... a fashion show on the bike is not my top concern.

mygar

A-List Customer
That's a lot of jacket for the money! I've always wondered about Fox Creek but never seen one till now. Thanks for sharing.

Yup ... I have had some pretty expensive jackets and I think the quality of this jacket is about on par (or close) with most ... and the fit for riding (side laces handy) is the best out of all so far.

f2002q

One of the Regulars
Congratulations that jacket looks amazing for what you paid for it. It looks purpose built for riding, but you can wear it out of the bike also. I have a pair of elk gloves from them and they are the best.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
I have a Fox Creek Trucker Style jacket I bought about 11 years ago. The materials and quality of construction are top notch. I think I paid about $350.00 for it. I seem to have a passion for leather trucker jackets and have a 2019 Vanson Maverick, a 2021 Iron Heart Type III in black horsehide (a beautiful jacket!) and a Schott Naked Cowhide Jean style. The only one missing would be an Aero Type III which I may obtain someday.

I'm attaching an image of the Fox Creek - super soft leather but thick and substantial.

Attachments

• FC-trucker.JPG
    FC-trucker.JPG
    449 KB · Views: 94
For those of us who ride a lot ... and in many climates ... you are absolutely right. This is about function on the bike ... and although we all like style ... a fashion show on the bike is not my top concern.
I’ve wondered how functional the vents actually are. Before I got soft and feared my bike I thought hard about a perforated Vanson Stars never aligned, daughter came along and that was that so I never did find out how well perforated leather actually “worked’.

From your post I’d assume you’d say they do help keep you cool?

mygar

A-List Customer
I’ve wondered how functional the vents actually are. Before I got soft and feared my bike I thought hard about a perforated Vanson Stars never aligned, daughter came along and that was that so I never did find out how well perforated leather actually “worked’.

I literally just got it yesterday so I have not had a chance to try it out. Peacoat above said he liked how they functioned. I will give it a test Friday morning and report back.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I literally just got it yesterday so I have not had a chance to try it out. Peacoat above said he liked how they functioned. I will give it a test Friday morning and report back.
I don't doubt that they function just fine. I just don't like the way they look. There's plenty of motorcycle gear with vents where they look good, integrated and blended into the design in a way that is attractive and stylish.

The Perfecto style jacket with extra zippers near the armpits just isn't that. But they sell plenty of them, and stay in business, and have a great reputation, so apparently a lot of bikers aren't bothered by it, and who am I to tell them they're wrong? Many people value function over aesthetic.

But I have vented riding jackets that look better designed and are just as functional if not more so. First Gear Scout IV. Good modern touring jacket, not a Perfecto style cross zip, but it's own thing. Massive vents, and huge cargo pockets, and armor too. Or my Vanson pro-perf MK2 Cobra. Not a "classic biker" cross zip, but yet a classic motorcycle jacket that is 100% function and looks like it's designed from the ground up to be exactly that.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

I have a couple modern riding jackets with vent and they are super helpful.
The only thing is you really need vents in the back too, to prevent balooning, but front + back vents are great when the weather is warm.
They are more versatile than perforated jackets as you can open/close vents as need be and as temperature varies.

mygar

A-List Customer
I don't doubt that they function just fine. I just don't like the way they look. There's plenty of motorcycle gear with vents where they look good, integrated and blended into the design in a way that is attractive and stylish.

The Perfecto style jacket with extra zippers near the armpits just isn't that. But they sell plenty of them, and stay in business, and have a great reputation, so apparently a lot of bikers aren't bothered by it, and who am I to tell them they're wrong? Many people value function over aesthetic.

But I have vented riding jackets that look better designed and are just as functional if not more so. First Gear Scout IV. Good modern touring jacket, not a Perfecto style cross zip, but it's own thing. Massive vents, and huge cargo pockets, and armor too. Or my Vanson pro-perf MK2 Cobra. Not a "classic biker" cross zip, but yet a classic motorcycle jacket that is 100% function and looks like it's designed from the ground up to be exactly that.

This classc cross zip fits the bill for me in style, functionality, and price. I think it's a great jacket and the vents don't bother me a bit.

I can say that Vanson Perf works well. It’s why I bought another Force. There is a sweet spot under the pits and along the lats that gets blasts of air when I ride. Invigorating. Praise 18” apes. The CR/Breeze is even better bc it ain’t a X-zip. OTR sizing doesn’t work for me with the Breeze.

I did have a Schott CR in their perf- sucked. Little holes when compared to Vanson. JL perf looks good to me too.

While I also don’t like the look of vents, I imagine they work very well.

You still bake when at a stop tho, whether it be perf, vents, gashes, etc.

OP- FC is a little gem for guys on MCs, especially if a thick, naked cow is your thing. I like it and definitely a bang for your buck when it comes to dedicated MC gear.

Peacoat

Bartender
I have a couple modern riding jackets with vent and they are super helpful.
The only thing is you really need vents in the back too, to prevent balooning, but front + back vents are great when the weather is warm.
They are more versatile than perforated jackets as you can open/close vents as need be and as temperature varies.
Yep, rear vents are a necessity. What I do before leaving home, if I know the day is going to heat up a bit before the first stop, is to go ahead and unzip the rear vents. Then all I need to do is to unzip the front zips, which I can reach while riding.

Edward

Bartender
I imagine a lot also depends on climate... I remember back in Ireland years ago going out pillion on my dad's bike, and being shocked how much colder it felt at fifty mph, on a day when it was just about a little too warm for my leather. Interesting, though, how the rise of mc denim in recent years has also seen other alternatives to leather that still have a fairly classic look come up. Always wondered how perforated leather would perform in a slide - i.e. does it compromise the abrasion resistance any being perforated? Not that I want to find that out first-hand!

Yango

One of the Regulars
While the jackets posted here have great style and quality ... let's face it, most are not very versatile for riding.

I just received this riding jacket from Fox Creek. Here are some details from Fox Creek website:
  • Crafted from 1.4-1.6mm thick, supple, full grain leather.
  • Dual front, rear, and sleeve vents provide maximum airflow.
  • Adjustable half belt and laced sides make the Classic I an optimal riding jacket for all seasons.
  • Armor provisional pockets in the elbows, shoulders, and back (armor not included)
  • Two inside pockets: Left with a snap closure, Right with a zipper closure.
  • Removable insulated full sleeve liner with hide-away fleece neck warmer.
  • Padded and extended kidney panel.
  • Antique Brass YKK Hardware.

This jacket is well suited for motorcycle riding. It's cut extra long in the back with a padded kidney panel.
Dual front and rear vents move the air through a mesh shell while an internal wind flap stops it cold at the zipper.

A zip out insulated liner means this jacket is perfect for hot and cold weather riding.

Side lacing enables you to contour the jacket to your body. An inside snap pocket is set in the leather facing where it won't rip out.

At a price of $590.00 ... you just cant go wrong.

I sized this so that I can layer under with a hoodie or tight fitted armor shirt ... and the fit is fantastic for me. Love the supple pebbled leather.

I planning on sending this in to a shop for a removable mouton collar.

Here are some pics: View attachment 426779 View attachment 426780 View attachment 426781 View attachment 426784 View attachment 426785 View attachment 426786 View attachment 426787 View attachment 426788 View attachment 426790
Nice jacket. It’s a great fit.

I’m curious about the sizing. I’m usually a 42 or 44 depending on the cut. What’s your height, weight and chest?

mygar

A-List Customer
Nice jacket. It’s a great fit.

I’m curious about the sizing. I’m usually a 42 or 44 depending on the cut. What’s your height, weight and chest?

Im 5'7" and 155lb with an almost 40" chest. I chose this size to run a little large on me for layering (thick mid-layers or armored shirt). In addition, the removable liner takes up some space. The pit to pit on this jacket is 22.5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider