Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fragility of wool trousers

jkingrph

Practically Family
Back in the mid 60's while in college I got a pair of 100% wool trousers in a sharkskin weave from Sears Roebuck. They honestly were one of the sharpest looking pair I have ever had, and wore very well. I probably wore them 15 years until I had gained enough weight where they no longer fit.

fiftyforfifty

Sponsoring Affiliate
Back in the mid 60's while in college I got a pair of 100% wool trousers in a sharkskin weave from Sears Roebuck. They honestly were one of the sharpest looking pair I have ever had, and wore very well. I probably wore them 15 years until I had gained enough weight where they no longer fit.

Its amazing to hear sir that you wore wool trousers for 15 years. Really Great.

Nyah

One of the Regulars
It's understandable, considering that wool clothing doesn't need to be washed (unless it suffers some kind of accident). It's a huge difference from what stores are passing off as clothing today.

fiftyforfifty

Sponsoring Affiliate
It's understandable, considering that wool clothing doesn't need to be washed (unless it suffers some kind of accident). It's a huge difference from what stores are passing off as clothing today.

Really, you mean must be dry cleaned!

Nyah

One of the Regulars
Really, you mean must be dry cleaned!
Only if it suffers an accident But even then, it can be washed by hand rather than dry-cleaned. I wear some kind of woven wool clothing every day (unless the weather is really hot) but don't wash it afterwards. There really isn't any need to wash these garments, since wool doesn't retain the stink-inducing moisture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats