Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free- 1968 West Point Cadet Store wool jacket

antoine p

One of the Regulars
Hi there, hope you are all well.
I am doing some housekeeping and decided to let this one go.
I've seen these sell in the hundreds on the Japanese market where there's more demand and turnaround for vintage. Rather than try to sell it, I'd like to give it to someone who may be able to wear it, learn from it, add it to a collection, or give it to someone important etc.
If you're interested, send me a PM letting me know your intentions... my apologies for the somewhat odd request, but I don't want this to go to someone who doesn't care much or is looking to make money off of it, and I think that may be a good way to filter through that. Doesn't have to be a long or formal message, though as we are all interested in vintage, its likely that I'll be curious about your background.
Jacket is located in Chicago- if you're nearby you can pick it up or we can meet, but I am happy to ship around the world. I just ask that if the total shipping cost is over $25 you pay it in entirety.
I don't log into the board every day, so please be patient with me.

If you have information on this style of jacket and its USMA application please post it in this thread.

On the jacket:
No signs of wear whatsoever. Zippers (talon up front, conmar on the back) work.
Heavy wool.
Very appealing label with hand-stamped size and date- if I get the chance, I'll upload a better photo of it.
Zipper hood, interesting pocket configuration, wrist cuffs.
Marked a 36R, but this is either not the case or the jacket is intended to fit over a bulky uniform. Shoulders across measure 19.25", chest measures 21.75", and the back length is just short of 30".

Without further ado...

WBbsAZ9.jpg

RH6796W.jpg

sF2fiWh.jpg

967CvHl.jpg

idVBoKb.jpg

dannyk

One Too Many
Very interesting piece and I for one actually love how youre approaching this deal. Sadly as you said its not really a 36 which got me excited when first reading this. Much to large for me. But man really cool what youre doing with this. I really hope someone with good intentions steps up on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner