Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FREE project hat size 7 1/4 or so

pgoat

One Too Many
Hi guys

I was selling these two Italian Fur Felt hats a while back:http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=27111 (scroll down past the Borsalino pics for the Brandolini pics - look carefully, the two hats were nearly identical!!)

I wound up selling the Borsalino separately on ebay.

Since the Brandolini was too small for me I decided to dismantle it to see what the inside of a hat looks like. I wound up removing the satiny white liner, the leather sweatband and the ribbon and wind trolley.

I was actually able to get it onto my 7 1/2 head with a little steam and effort (It was originally a 6 7/8). I have since experimented with steam and reshaped it to a nice Bogie fedora bash (High in front, low at rear, diamond shape crown). It has a nice high 5"+ crown which allows well for this type of look.

I also trimmed the HUGE 3 1/2" wide brim down to 2 1/2"; this was trimmed by hand/eye and is a wee bit rough in spots, but totally useable and can be trimmed to perfection by anyone who has the desire and knowhow.

Anyway, I know there are people here who do work at home, and figured if anyone wanted a nice thick fur felt body to mess with, they are welcome to it. It really held its resteamed shape well and has a nice smooth hand to it.

I ask only postage; I have a paypal account or you can snail mail me a MO. We can do it on the cheap, or priority, as you like.

I'll include the satin liner and sweatband (sorry, the ribbon was pretty trashed - I'll include it if you really want....also a few tiny holes in the felt where the ribbon was attached, but a new ribbon will conceal those.)

Roadrunner

One of the Regulars
I'll take it if you don't mind selling to a complete noob. Sorry to make this my first post, I've been lurking for a month or so now and have just been looking for a place to chime in. I can't PM you, but you can e-mail me at kurt1911 at gmail. Thanks!

surely

A-List Customer
now just a minute, just who do you think you are, a doubi butting in to claim an interesting hat. like someone once said you snooze you loose! ...;)
Roadrunner, good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany