Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheeler Centinela Sizing Question

jakeshen

New in Town
Hello everyone,

I have laid my eyes on the Freewheeler Centinela Jacket for a while. I am debating between a size 42 or 44. I looked at the measurements on Genco's website and it seems size 42 fits me. The measurements of shoulder, chest and sleeves of size 42 Centinela is similar to Eastman Leather's Star Sports A2, size 42, which fits me and size 40 of the Eastman Leather's Hartmann, which also fits me perfectly. However, Genco Clothing recommended size 44. I looked at the measurement and it seems a bit big, especially the shoulder. So, I am really confused. My height is 6'2" and 175-180lbs. Could any one kindly share your thoughts on which size may fit better? Many thanks!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I’m also confused. There’s one on buyee now that’s a 44 but numbers look like a Japanese 40.
Theres some info here on the FW threads. It’s a lot of risk if size doesn’t work out.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Do a search on this site using keywords like centinela, sizing, etc. There are posts that go super-deep into sizing of jackets like Centinela and La Brea.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello everyone,

I have laid my eyes on the Freewheeler Centinela Jacket for a while. I am debating between a size 42 or 44. I looked at the measurements on Genco's website and it seems size 42 fits me. The measurements of shoulder, chest and sleeves of size 42 Centinela is similar to Eastman Leather's Star Sports A2, size 42, which fits me and size 40 of the Eastman Leather's Hartmann, which also fits me perfectly. However, Genco Clothing recommended size 44. I looked at the measurement and it seems a bit big, especially the shoulder. So, I am really confused. My height is 6'2" and 175-180lbs. Could any one kindly share your thoughts on which size may fit better? Many thanks!
First of all, Sellers may not know how you want the fit and/or what you intend to wear underneath, sellers may choose to err on the side of generosity. Secondly, it also depends on the information you have given him like have you given your actual measurement like shoulder chest waist etc and photo of yourself in the Hartmann which has the same measurement. Mind you the Centinela is probably more v shaped than your A-2 and Hartman.
As Will Zach said, check out the older threads here like this one
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/freewheelers-centinela-rude-black-size-42.105649/
what Kuro said in #56 about the tapering
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/experience-in-freewheelers-leather-sizing.102433/page-3

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
^^^ That's the one I was looking at. The numbers looks a bit wacky. But so is the 44 La Brea I picked off the auction there too. Still waiting for the package. No EMS from Japan still. Will report on the measurements when I get it.
I am starting to think that the size tag also doesn't mean much in Japan. And they do more custom work (for the domestic market) than I was lead to believe. The leather looks very promising though. I was even starting to like FC after seeing photos of their new stuff. It seems they jumped up in the stitching / finishing game. Purely from looking at photos that is.
The Centinella is a beauty. The Japanese domestic market is so interesting. No two are alike. So many different options and every store seems to do it just so slightly different.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Here is one is size 44 on Yahoo Auctions https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j1064570390

The seller states it fits closer to a 40-42, but it may be a different season so pattern or sizing may have changed?

Here are the measurements they included for it:

shoulder width: about 49cm
armpit width: about 53cm
sleeve length: about 65cm
dress length : Approximately 61 cm
I don’t believe that as I would swim in a size 44 with my 41“ chest. Either the seller made a mistake or it’s a fake….

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I was just walking my dog and this came to me. There are fakes out there. Rainbow Country/Freewheelers. Or fan commissioned customs from non RC makers.
I was gonna wait until I get my jackets to make a master post but I also got the buyee alert that this particular centinela was ending.
Anyways, be aware. RC / FW are made totally different. Look at the lining pics. They shouldn’t look like the average lining. But a tailored lining - an exact reverse of the outer shell zero tolerance. So essentially you’re getting two jacket in one with RC and FW - outside leather shell and inside wool are done with the same laser precision.
good luck and be aware. Ask questions and trust your spidey sense.
298214CD-679E-4BDC-86F5-ECA2DDBD66CF.jpeg

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I was just walking my dog and this came to me. There are fakes out there. Rainbow Country/Freewheelers. Or fan commissioned customs from non RC makers.
I was gonna wait until I get my jackets to make a master post but I also got the buyee alert that this particular centinela was ending.
Anyways, be aware. RC / FW are made totally different. Look at the lining pics. They shouldn’t look like the average lining. But a tailored lining - an exact reverse of the outer shell zero tolerance. So essentially you’re getting two jacket in one with RC and FW - outside leather shell and inside wool are done with the same laser precision.
good luck and be aware. Ask questions and trust your spidey sense.
View attachment 453545
Yeah, good to look out, I don't think Rainbow Country would have many high quality replicas to be fair. But definitely for Freewheelers, especially the Mulholland, I have seen replica/bootleg versions floating around. In hand, you would be able to easily tell though, replicas won't be able to match the finishing level and construction. Also have to take into account custom sizing, as I know the precursor to FW, Bootleggers have done trunk show customs in non-standard leather configurations and maybe sizing as well.

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
I would suggest size 44 given your height. A size 42 has a back measurement from collar seam to bottom of 59.5cm ~ 60cm. It suits well on people of 180cm height. Size 44 takes quite a leap on chest measurement from 42. I remember size 42 has a chest measurement of 106cm and 44 has around 114cm.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 47

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch