Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers Brodovitch

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A couple of weeks ago, Ishmael observed that, when done correctly, a hoodie can look good underneath a jacket. In order to make his point, Ishmael posted the following two photos:

DESO_0065_20130205_zps4711855a.jpg

DESO_0069_20130205_zps59c759cd.jpg

While I’m on the fence regarding the hoodie/jacket combo (I don’t think I can pull it off), I was immediately taken by the jacket. Huge thanks to Ishmael for not only introducing me to the jacket – Freewheelers Brodovitch – but thereafter finding my size after my efforts failed to locate a 42 (the jacket fits trim, particularly around the waist, and I had to size up). McFly was a pleasure to deal with. I received the jacket in under a week.

The first (terrible) photo is of my actual jacket (I obviously have no idea how to photograph a jacket) . . . the rest are borrowed from the McFly website:

FreewheelersBrodovitchJacket21_zpsdfae2eef.jpg

FreewheelersBrodovitchJacket31_zps6137c405.jpg

FreewheelersBrodovitchJacket32_zpscd981f16.jpg

FreewheelersBrodovitchJacket33_zpsb06b3799.jpg

FreewheelersBrodovitchJacket34_zpsb2bd255f.jpg

FreewheelersBrodovitchJacket35_zps042fae81.jpg

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I like that jacket a lot. Great collar. Neat to see the Great Lakes label out of Utica, NY. An old manufacturing town that has fallen on hard times.

Tadite

Familiar Face
I've yet to see something from Freewheelers that I haven't liked. They're profoundly expensive and worse yet rare! At least with The Real McCoy's somewhere along the line you're going to see something on sale used.

That's a great jacket. These Aeromarine, Heron, eta 1930's civilian flying jackets are the way to go. If you've the build they really are something. I'm not sure about the hood!

That is a real beauty!
I really like this design too. I bought an LVC Menlo Cossack that is similar, but I don't really like the color so I've been messing around with it a bit.
Again- nice jacket!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany