Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French cycling jacket aka luftwaffe jake

Mandarin

Practically Family
Engelbert Vanek
Vanek may 20-1.jpg

Mandarin

Practically Family
I think @Monitor must have been the first to spot this one. He signaled it in the Finds and deals thread. It was my size, so I made an offer and it is now mine.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Wow, that looks very nice indeed. Leather, hardware, even the slight rope-looking shoulder that is unique to 30s-40s German leather jackets is there.

Never heard of them before.

A quick search yields a local newspaper article with the same address and phone as given by Google - and a defunct website, looks like they own the domain but don't use it.

Lederschneiderei Vanek
Hochkogelstraße 45
3324 Euratsfeld
Austria
www.lederschneider.at
phone +43-7474-224

Last edited:

Kermit

Familiar Face
I'm digging up this topic because it interests me a lot.
The thread is a bit old and if some of you have cyclist jackets (reproductions or originals), do not hesitate to share pictures.
Here is my cyclist jacket. It is a very accurate reproduction of an original model, made in France.

hartmann_01.jpg

hartmann_07.jpg

hartmann_02.jpg

C06.jpg

nightandthecity

Practically Family
I'm digging up this topic because it interests me a lot.
The thread is a bit old and if some of you have cyclist jackets (reproductions or originals), do not hesitate to share pictures.
Here is my cyclist jacket. It is a very accurate reproduction of an original model, made in France.
brilliant! Who made your jacket Kermit? They could probably sell a few round here....

Kermit

Familiar Face
brilliant! Who made your jacket Kermit? They could probably sell a few round here....

Thank you nightandthecity.
It is a French craftsman who makes this jacket. The person who takes care of the distribution is no longer active on this forum, but if anyone is interested, I can provide an email to contact him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ