Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Hats and makers.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Just brilliant. I hope you'll take that one out on the street from time to time.

Thank you, Alan! I'm a little scared to wear the hat because it is in such pristine condition. Maybe if you make it to Chicago this winter, I will take the hat for a stroll outside. ;)

Josh, Wow! Very rare silver Velour finish! Looks to be in NOS condition. This is made my day. Congrats!

Thanks, Steve! The hat is absolutely NOS. Its one from the collection of NOS French velours that Robert acquired not to long ago. I'm always glad to make someones day! :)

Stunning Josh, love seeing the fine old ones preserved so well. Congrats.

Thank you so much, Mike! I'm always so shocked when hats this old are in such nice shape. It makes you wonder where they have been for the last 90-100 years.

Gorgeous hat Josh! Congrats on finding a beauty.

B

Many Thanks, Bill!! I just love these old French Velours and this is my first French one. The other B. Flechet that I had not too long ago was also a very fine hat, but this velour just blows that one out of the water.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
DSC07905.jpg

C'est magnifique, Josh, and congrats! The velours from Robert's historic haul are spectacular, and even your splendid photos do not do them justice. They need to be seen, handled and worn to be truly appreciated. You should definitely wear it this Autumn and Winter, and perhaps we can plan a Robert French Velour Fest and wear them around Chicago together. That would be a sight to behold!!

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Here is a Flechet we had delivered unfortunately a bit moth bitten and no labels or marking on the sweatband except the brand and shop in which it was sold.
DSC_22_1024x1024.jpg

DSC_0024_1024x1024.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Pre-1925 Mossant

Looks like it had the sweatband replaced during the early 30's. The felt is very very soft, and it is a long hair heather finish with flecks of black a varieties of grey. The ribbon is almost a dark blue/black color, as it varies in the light. I will try to take natural-light photos as soon as I can make my camera function properly.

00216.jpg

00514.jpg

00817.jpg

01015.jpg

01116.jpg

01214.jpg

01911.jpg

On my noggin (and in front of the dreaded white wall). I think it looks better brim up w/ side-dents, but a front pinch and brim down work o.k., the pinch just pulls the front of the center dent farther down than I would prefer.

02112.jpg

024-ve10.jpg

Brim down w/ front pinch

02911.jpg

Justin, Good to see it arrived safely. Fantastic find and looks great! There is nothing like the old ones (rare on here these days) especially from Euro makers. Hopefully you can get your camera situation straightened out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana