Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

from the sartorialist...

StanleyVanBuren

granted, I've seen quite a fair share of questionable outfits on the sartorialist's blog, but this one is such an exception I had to share:

Doriani.jpg

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html#8937163999076986630

EvenOdd

New in Town
I remember seeing this when it was first posted. I loved the striking color of purple behind the "blander" navy.

On an aside, they need to straighten out the collar. It looks rumpled :)

Jerekson

One Too Many
I just saw this on the blog as well and found it quite fascinating...

The best outift on the blog and no one's even wearing it. Typical.

That's quite the jacket...they rarely make them like that anymore. But someone I think the armholes would be ultra-low.

neyus

New in Town
Jerekson said:
I just saw this on the blog as well and found it quite fascinating...

The best outift on the blog and no one's even wearing it. Typical.

That's quite the jacket...they rarely make them like that anymore. But someone I think the armholes would be ultra-low.

I find most italian suit manufacturers make often higher armholes than their American counterparts. A few items items in my wardrobe, Corneliani, and Zegna seem to high armholes. I think high armholes, as well as allowing greater mobility when wearing a jacket, flatter the wearer's body and allow the coat to be taken in more at the side seams.

I think that there is a small return of double breasted styled jackets in most manufacturer's catalogues. I hope it doesn't get to the point that it gets done to death in appalling ways as it did in the late 80 early 90s. I think its alot more common in europe at the moment, but I have seen a few make there way into GQ and other magazines in the last year or so. Im just wondering if belted or pleated jackets will make a comeback?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui