Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 1940s Ralphs Pugh Black Steerhide Crosszip Jacket

semolina_pilchard

One of the Regulars
I acquired this jacket from a long-serving FL member. I just haven’t worn it, and recently made a few purchases, so am looking to move this on to someone who will give it the wear that it deserves.

Ralphs Pugh jackets seem to be pretty unique designs and are quite rare. It’s mentioned in a few threads here that this green steerhide label was used from 1938 and not for very long, but I put 1940s as an estimated decade of production.

Before I bought it, the jacket had received a new cotton lining, a NOS General zipper (very rare), and a new upper collar. All work was done by Dana in IL, who specializes in leather jacket repair and restoration. The pocket bags are original cotton-moleskin type.

Approx. measurements:

Sleeves - 24.5 inches.

Shoulders - 18.5 inches.

Underarm - 22 inches (the steerhide has stretch room horizontally, so it actually fits like a glove and has very good mobility).

Back length - 24.5 inches.

The steerhide is quite grainy, quite thick, dyed through, it’s distinctively US domestic, veg-tanned.

The price is $675 (what I paid excluding shipping) plus shipping at buyer’s cost.

image0 (7).jpeg image4 (2).jpeg image3 (2).jpeg image5 (2).jpeg

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I acquired this jacket from a long-serving FL member. I just haven’t worn it, and recently made a few purchases, so am looking to move this on to someone who will give it the wear that it deserves.

Ralphs Pugh jackets seem to be pretty unique designs and are quite rare. It’s mentioned in a few threads here that this green steerhide label was used from 1938 and not for very long, but I put 1940s as an estimated decade of production.

Before I bought it, the jacket had received a new cotton lining, a NOS General zipper (very rare), and a new upper collar. All work was done by Dana in IL, who specializes in leather jacket repair and restoration. The pocket bags are original cotton-moleskin type.

Approx. measurements:

Sleeves - 24.5 inches.

Shoulders - 18.5 inches.

Underarm - 22 inches (the steerhide has stretch room horizontally, so it actually fits like a glove and has very good mobility).

Back length - 24.5 inches.

The steerhide is quite grainy, quite thick, dyed through, it’s distinctively US domestic, veg-tanned.

The price is $675 (what I paid excluding shipping) plus shipping at buyer’s cost.

View attachment 483088 View attachment 483089 View attachment 483090 View attachment 483091
Awsome jacket.....an pattern.
Get ready regius

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto