Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 1950s Cafe Racer with Heavy Brass Talon Zipper

AHP91

Practically Family
Up for sale is this absolutely beautiful 1950s cafe racer motorcycle jacket. The jacket can be reliably dated to the 1950s based on the heavy duty brass Talon main zipper as well as the rarer diamond Talon pull on the pocket.

This jacket is in overall very nice vintage condition - the heavyweight grainy leather is quite nice and has no faults to be mentioned. The beautiful brass Talon zippers, while missing one sleeve pull and one chest pull (replacements can be found online if you so choose) contrasts wonderfully against the jet black leather - little details rarely seen today. The sturdy zippers work great, No foul odors, the pockets are intact - this jacket has been cared for and meticulously maintained for many decades.

The jacket features a clean and lightweight silk/rayon lining that exhibits some expected wear, but is overall structurally sound and feels strong. A little bit of stitching can easily fix this if you so choose.

Features of this wonderful, classic cafe racer include:
- Double pocket design for practicality
-Slim fit for a tailored appearance
-Compact arm gusset style for enhanced mobility without compromising the jacket's original style
-Snap collar

Weight:
This cafe racer motorcycle jacket has quite substantial weight to it (probably between four and five pounds), providing durability and a genuine vintage feel. Kindly keep in mind the thicker weight to it when considering the measurements for fit.

Measurements:
Measurements taken to the best of my ability (and pictured):
Armpit to armpit: 21"
Shoulder to shoulder: 17.5"
Bottom hem: 19"
Back length from bottom of collar: 23.75"
Front length from bottom of collar: 26.25"
Sleeve length taken straight from shoulder seam: 24”

Please allow a small degree of discrepancy due to human error.

Please note that I do my absolute best to exhibit the jacket as you will receive it. If there is any doubt as to the condition or size of the jacket, I will be happy to answer questions or provide additional photos.

This wonderful cafe racer will be shipped out quickly upon payment. I will include a 1950s era 'Shamrock' matchbox as originally found in the zipped pocket. Price is $225 shipped in the continental U.S. I have bought and sold jackets via this forum. Grab this one before someone else does - check the pictures, the quality is there.
Picture 1 of 24

Picture 2 of 24

Picture 3 of 24

Picture 4 of 24
Picture 5 of 24
Picture 6 of 24

Picture 7 of 24

Picture 8 of 24

Picture 9 of 24

Picture 10 of 24

Picture 11 of 24

Picture 12 of 24

Last edited:

leather.be

One of the Regulars
Damn that's nice. I just bought a Kehoe I'm waiting on that's similar but with silver hardware. Glws!

AHP91

Practically Family
agreed, perfect as you can get for this style and for about a quarter of the price of a Buco. doesn't quite fit me anymore or you wouldn't see it

AHP91

Practically Family
quite honestly, I thought this would've sold already at this price point. I just threw it back on, i'm holding onto it. not for sale currently

AHP91

Practically Family
Back up for sale, 225 shipped. A beautiful example of a 1950s cafe racer. Quite hefty, probably fits a bit smaller than the measurements suggests due to leather thickness and slim cut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner