Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 1960s Cal Leather Horsehide Motorcycle Jacket (medium)

AHP91

Practically Family
For sale is this beautiful 1960s Cal Leather jacket in an approximately medium size (measurement pictures and numbers are below).

This Cal is without a doubt horsehide (evidenced by the brown undertone on the jacket) with some amazing striations in the back area. The leather on this jacket is amazing - it has some amazing patina throughout, with some wear and tear - light surface scratches here and there (as pictured, but absolutely no cracking or dryness or anything of the sort). The smooth black comfortable (rayon/satin?) lining is in overall very good shape - no tearing, but it has a few small stitch marks in the middle back area, but will not affect the wearability of the jacket at all. One missing belt loop in the front. All original hardware - the front zip is a tiny finnicky when you need to line it up, and has ever so slight tearing at the bottom (as pictured), but still works well and I see no issues coming from it in the future. All seams intact and strong and pockets are intact without tears.

I'm only selling this one as I came across another Cal which just fits me better. This badass jacket is heavy duty (one of my heavier jackets for sure), has some amazing brown patina which will only look better with age, clean back with no gussets, and has a real nice fit to it. What else can you ask for?

Price is $340 shipped in the continental U.S (Paypal Friends and family). The jacket will be quickly shipped via USPS priority mail. I've bought and sold jackets via this forum. Please reach out if you have any questions.

Hand marked as vintage "42 L", but measurements are as follows:

Armpit to armpit: 21.5"
Shoulder to shoulder: 18"
Bottom hem (completely uncinched): 19.25"
Back length from bottom of collar to end of back drop: 25.5"
Front length from bottom of collar: 24.25"
Sleeve length taken straight from shoulder seam: 24.4"

x20.jpg

x21.jpg
x23.jpg

x16.jpg
x17.jpg
x18.jpg
x22.jpg
x24.jpg
x25.jpg
x19.jpg

Last edited:

Bluechel

Practically Family
Perhaps the Mods are just having more fun reading this whole exchange. As for the jacket..WOW...beautiful, beautiful and reasonable price, and therefore I so wish it was my size.

AHP91

Practically Family
I’ve received an offer on this jacket. If no one wants this for 280 shipped in the continental US, it will be sold by end of today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner