Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 40s Half Belt Jacket, Unknown Maker

semolina_pilchard

One of the Regulars
This is another one I am letting go. |I think it's a pretty rare jacket.

Based on the zipper and other features I think it is from the mid-40s. I think it is made of cowhide, but could be horse, and is a nice lighter weight. There are light signs of wear but it is in overall good condition inside and out.

The jacket has no maker's label. It might be an American Sportswear jacket based on one that @tmitchell59 owns. It is lined with cotton flannel, and interestingly the lower pockets have hickory material lining. The seller I bought it from suggested it could have been related to scarcity of materials in the war/post-war period, as it appears to be original. The measurements are shown in the photos.

Bill Kelso offer a replica of this style for 850 GBP, and there is a similar jacket (with glued on patches) for sale on vintageproductions.com for $2500.

The price is $675 (Paypal F&F including shipping).

image0 (4).jpeg image7.jpeg image4 (3).jpeg image1 (4).jpeg image2 (4).jpeg image5.jpeg image0 (6).jpeg image2 (5).jpeg image3 (5).jpeg image1 (5).jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112