Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 7 3/8 - Grey Stetson Whippet, cleaned and blocked by Art Fawcett

pnbarber

New in Town
SOLD

FS: 7 3/8 - Grey Stetson Whippet, cleaned and blocked by Art Fawcett

Size 7 3/8, grey w/black ribbon. The felt is in great condition with no holes, stains or discoloration. The sweatband shows very little wear. It is reasonably soft and the stitching seems sound. The liner has it's plastic protector. The liner has some very faint discoloration near the brim but overall is in very good condition. The reorder tag number and the number stamped on the back of the sweatband match. I think it's an early 1950's hat but am not 100% positive.

Brim is 2 1/2', open crown is 5 1/2", brim binding 3/8". Ribbon is 1 5/8". All measurements are approximate.

Included is a Whippet hat box. It did not come with the hat as I bought it separately. It is in good condition for it's age but the leather strap is torn at the box attachment point.

The hat has been cleaned and blocked by Art Fawcett. Art indicated that it was blocked and flanged to a 7 3/8 or 23 1/8" circumference. I had hoped it would fit me but it is too large so instead of altering it to fit me, I decide to keep it the original size and offer it for someone else enjoyment.

Priced at $350 or best offer + shipping.​

Attachments

• small Whippet Box1.jpg
    small Whippet Box1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 165
  • small Whippet Box2.jpg
    small Whippet Box2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 154
  • small Whippet1.jpg
    small Whippet1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 168
  • small Whippet2.jpg