Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 7 5/8 LO Carmack 100% Beaver Whiskey Felt Hat

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Measurements:
Brim: 2 7/8"
Crown height at tallest point: 6"

Fit: Fits like a 7 5/8 LO.

I bought this from an old cowboy who was selling custom made hats on ebay. Carmack normally makes his hats with glue instead of stitching. For this hat, at my request, he stitched the sweatband instead of gluing it and didn't tack the ribbon with glue. The ribbon does stay on fine when wearing but if you set the hat upside down it may fall off. The big plus with this hat is the felt. It's made from a 100% beaver Winchester western weight hat body. It's a bit fuzzy as I don't think that Carmack did much, if any sanding on it. If you really wanted to take this hat to a higher level getting a new sweatband and ribbon would be a relatively cheap step that would make a major difference. It is perfectly wearable as is too.

There is a small area with a few moth nibbles on the underside of the brim. It's not visible when wearing the hat and doesn't go through the felt.

Price: $180 shipped in the USA. Contact me for international shipping. I can take $10 off the price if paid with paypal friends and family. I ship next business day after payment received and will send tracking as soon as it ships.

R8D4NIj.jpg
cOXucSJ.jpg
5Mo4U58.jpg
8CVlira.jpg
sP8vhgu.jpg
4iW10TJ.jpg
nXEPtXa.jpg
HRWjmWD.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
FWIW ....pricey for what looks like a very coarsely made hat
It's 100% beaver felt. While not a very polished hat construction wise, it is made with one of the best hat bodies you can get and the felt really does look very cool. If it fit just slightly larger I wouldn't be selling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner