Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Aero Leathers Custom Shawl Collar Barnstormer

lucid

New in Town
RARE COAT: "Shawl Collar Barnstormer" with Sheepskin Lining
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-09%20at%2022.39.00_zpshjn016hx.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-09%20at%2022.38.56_zpsjpkcn00s.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-09%20at%2022.39.14_zpskvoriosx.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-09%20at%2022.39.09_zpsdotbotra.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-09%20at%2022.39.12_zps7oxi9ntn.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-09%20at%2022.39.18_zpsqbmno35i.png

This is as close as it gets to an original 1920's Horsehide Mackinaw. Over the last 25 years this jacket has become so synonymous with Aero that our name for the style, "Barnstormer" has become the default description of the style!!!

The story behind these classic jackets goes back to the early days of flight. A double-breasted 4-pocket Horsehide coat soon became the ultimate in protection for the intrepid pioneers of flight. The flying leather necks, the cargo and mail pilots of the early days of Air Freight, faced long hauls in bitter weather conditions with only their flying coats to keep the elements at bay. Their first choice was a Double Breasted Horsehide leather coat, chosen for its warmth, strength and durability, all the hallmarks of this Aero garment.

The Aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer has four deep pockets, finest Shearling Wool roll over shawl collar and matching body lining with black Corduroy in the lower body area, Cotton Drill sleeve lining with pure wool knitted storm cuffs, fitted for warmth and ease of wear. Further adjustment against the elements can be made by drawing in the belt, tightening the cuff strap and buttoning the collar up high with the hidden under collar button and loop fastening. We've even had a 1920's style label made especially for this range of jackets. Unquestionably the finest coat ever made by Aero Leather Clothing!

This jacket was custom made ( HUGE waiting list ) in Cordovan Leather.

I have included a copy of the receipt just so you can see that this is a very expensive coat, thats if you could actually buy one. Which you cant.

So, feast your eyes on what could be the finest leather jacket you will see this year.

As for price, well lets say its worth what i paid for it, and i can send worldwide via UPS.

For a price. £700 inc shipping anywhere.... and yes, i am also open to offers...

And the reason for this very very reluctant sale, a large tax bill that isn't going away anytime soon.

belopsky

A-List Customer
That looked like your measurements not the jackets..

what is the pit to pit and front shoulders and back shoulders?

lucid

New in Town
Any other requests???
I'll try and get these all done in the next 24hrs, so if anybody would like any other specific measurements, just let me know..
I'm here to help.

lucid

New in Town
OK, measurements:

1. Pit to pit across the chest done up = 23" ( is sheepskin lined, so 40" chest is about right )
2. Shoulder to cuff ( sleeve length ) = 25" ( perfect proportion to chest )
3. Pit to bottom of jacket = 19.5"

I cant really measure the weight, but the steerhide feels bulletproof... and is is sheepskin lined...

I'm fielding offers, so please PM me if you are interested.

lucid

New in Town
UPDATE:
A deal i had in the offing has just come to nothing... So, i'm reducing the price to £600 ( $835 USD )
Which is a complete bargain!

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Can you post a picture with the collar closed and latched. I just purchased a second home on the Oregon coast which gets a lot of rain and much colder than the San Francisco Bay Area where I would have no use for such a warm jacket. My concern is how wet the collar will get in the rain.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am the lucky member who purchased this Barnstormer. I live on the San Francisco peninsula where I will never have use for this jacket. This past week I had an offer accepted on a lake front property on the Oregon coast where this sheepskin lined jacket will get plenty of use. Getting prepared in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner