Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Akubra Cattleman, size 58, dark brown

jec

One of the Regulars
I bought a used Akubra Cattleman on EBay earlier this spring. It was used, but in excellent shape. I wore it a few times, until I saw a photo of myself wearing the hat and realized that the 3 1/4" brim is way too wide for my head! I look goofy in it. But it would be a great field hat for someone who has a larger frame than I do.

This Cattleman is unlined, as many of Aussie ones are; rich chocolate brown in color, with a bound brim. Crown is about 4" high, and the pinch of the original bash has been tightened a bit. Size is 58 (7 1/4). It still is in perfect shape.

Photos available on request. PM or send an email to jecoe@earthlink.net.

Asking price $70 shipped, in the USA. I'll give it some time here before I put it up on EBay.

jec

One of the Regulars
IMAGES added

Here are photos of this hat:

jecoe

jecoe

jecoe

Hope that helps!

Jim

jec

One of the Regulars
Bump!

All right: more than sixty of you have checked this out, and yet still no PMs or emails. You think I'm asking too much? (I'm just trying to get back what $ I have in the hat.)
So- make me a reasonable offer and I'll be glad to consider it. Thanks!

Victor

One of the Regulars
Not sure if your price is too high but I do know that its very easy to trima brim down. Just use a pair of sharp scissors and a little sandpaper to finish it off. You might also find that gently steaming a curl into the sides of the brim might make it suit your face better.

jec

One of the Regulars
Great suggestion. Thanks. I have read on other threads how straightforward it is to trim a wide brim or even to fully convert a western style hat to a fedora. So if no offers come in, maybe this will be a project hat - although I do hate to cut off such a nicely bound edge...

jec

One of the Regulars
TRYING AGAIN - with PRICE REDUCTION!

I am bumping this offer - as I have decided to try and sell the hat, rather than trim the brim. I am really closer to a size 59, and this hat would require constant stretching for my noggin.

So is there any interest? How about $60 shipped? Sam at EA is offering a Cattleman new for $58 plus shipping from Australia. This hat - as good as new - could be on your doorstep in just a few days for less.

PM or email.

Thanks,
Jim

jec

One of the Regulars
Bump again and another price cut

I keep hesitating to bump this offer. I think "Sure, maybe I can keep that Cattleman as a project hat...It really would be easy to trim, and I've gotten good at steaming brims"
But no. I just tried it on again and this time I really felt how tight it is on my noggin. This hat would be a headache for me, in more than one way. :confused:

I need to let it go. How about $50 shipped? Any interest? Send a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24