Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Avirex Vintage L-2A Size Large

navy201

New in Town
For sale: Asking $75 OBO Shipped CONUS. Lightweight and water resistant. Great for Fall!
Alpha Industries, in the 90's, made these "vintage" replicas of actual issue flight jackets. These are made in the USA in the same factory that made the US Government issue jackets. These feature a much smoother, silkier and more authentic flight satin than today's popular MA-1 reproductions available. This was worn once! I still have the tags. Measurements are posted in the pictures. I left out the shoulder as it is 20.5" across. My body dimensions have changed from gym use and my chest and shoulders are too broad for this now. This is a beautiful jacket. The L-2A was the first summer weight jacket produced post-WWII. They were produced as an olive green color (L-2) in 1946. When the USAF became a separate branch, they were made in dark blue from 1948-1952. Pilots shot down in Korea had bad luck with blue jackets as they offered no camo. So they were made a light greyish-green again in 1952. In 1955, the L-2B was released and made the grey-green color standard as well as use among all 3 services. This jacket got orange lining with the sage green color in 1965 and was began phase out in the late 80s for the Nomex jackets issued up until recently.

Attachments

• L2B1.jpg
    L2B1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 188
  • L2B2.jpg
    L2B2.jpg
    998 KB · Views: 177
  • L2B3.jpg
    L2B3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 194
  • L2B4.jpg
    L2B4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 196
  • L2B5.jpg
    L2B5.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 146
  • L2B6.jpg
    L2B6.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 166
  • L2B7.jpg
    L2B7.jpg
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

navy201

New in Town
For sale: Asking $75 OBO Shipped CONUS. Lightweight and water resistant. Great for Fall!
Alpha Industries, in the 90's, made these "vintage" replicas of actual issue flight jackets. These are made in the USA in the same factory that made the US Government issue jackets. These feature a much smoother, silkier and more authentic flight satin than today's popular MA-1 reproductions available. This was worn once! I still have the tags. Measurements are posted in the pictures. I left out the shoulder as it is 20.5" across. My body dimensions have changed from gym use and my chest and shoulders are too broad for this now. This is a beautiful jacket. The L-2A was the first summer weight jacket produced post-WWII. They were produced as an olive green color (L-2) in 1946. When the USAF became a separate branch, they were made in dark blue from 1948-1952. Pilots shot down in Korea had bad luck with blue jackets as they offered no camo. So they were made a light greyish-green again in 1952. In 1955, the L-2B was released and made the grey-green color standard as well as use among all 3 services. This jacket got orange lining with the sage green color in 1965 and was began phase out in the late 80s for the Nomex jackets issued up until recently.
Just noticed the title says "Avirex." I meant to say "Alpha Industries." This was made by Alpha Ind. in the USA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran