Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Benrus Commemorative Mechanical Watch

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
For Sale:

Benrus World War II Commemorative. This watch was marketed as a World War II watch but it is really closer to the US military watches issued from the 1960's-80's. Perfect for the Vietnam reenactor or the person that just wants a classic mechanical watch. Measures 33 millimeters. I believe this watch has the Swiss ETA 2801-2 movement, but I'm not sure. Movement is hacking. The acrylic (?) crystal has some scratches on it, but this is still a very good looking watch. A brand new $9 Maratec Strap similiar to the ones on issue watches of the Vietnam War era is included. $110.

DSC08398.jpg

DSC08403.jpg

DSC08400.jpg

DSC08396.jpg

DSC08393.jpg

DSC08406.jpg

DSC08405.jpg

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
Very nice! I wish I had the extra money for this one. I have one hand-winder from Benrus, made probably in the 50's, and it's an extremely nice piece. Wouldn't mind having something of theirs that's little more casual.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am far from an expert regarding watches, I do have a few very nice ones. This watch has some items about it for more than just looks, it is a functional watch designed to not bother the wrist it is worn on, (notice the strap going behind the back case of the watch), and was made to keep very accurate time. Dependable time for military applications was very vital. It is a bargain and a steal for whomever does purchase it, if I needed another sharp watch, I would have jumped on this as soon as it was listed. Benrus is still a leader for making good winders.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Just for those wondering... the price asked includes the shipping.

Love my hat's: the one piece strap is comfortable as you said, but it also serves another purpose. If one of the spring bars is broken in a rough situation the watch will still be hanging on by one bar and will not get lost or broken. Most straps attatch around the bar so if one bar breaks the watch falls off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari