Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Custom Thedi cossack size large

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Full custom Thedi Leathers cossack jacket. Beautiful grainy buffalo leather with horn cat eye buttons and wool plaid lining.

Review:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/post-thedi-leather-jacket-photos-here.99138/post-2908654

The jacket is in excellent condition with some surface wear only. If requested by the buyer I'll condition the leather to look like new.

Size large

Ptp 22 5/8"
Shoulder 18.75"
Back 24"
Sleeves 25"

€875 + actual shipping costs. PayPal f&f

IMG_3909.jpeg
IMG_3910.jpeg
IMG_3912.jpeg
IMG_3913.jpeg
IMG_3914.jpeg
IMG_3915.jpeg
IMG_3916.jpeg
IMG_3918.jpeg
IMG_3920.jpeg
IMG_3925.jpeg

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Curious why you’re selling, Marc? With a perfect fit and a glowing review, you found another Cossack that’s even better?

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Etsy. Quite rare to find them in bigger sizes, I think mine is a 44. It needs a new lining and the buttons need to be replaced but the leather is 100% solid. A great restoration project.

View attachment 580096
This jacket is screaming for its own thread. I will follow up with pictures of mine vintage size 44

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Lately my interests have shifted towards vintage originals.

Last week I received this 30s Block Bilt. Now that I have an original '30s buttoned jacket the Thedi can go to a good new home :).

View attachment 580087
No question, an exceptional and cool jacket, congratulations! Unfortunately, as is often the case with original things (e.g. leather jackets) that are so old, the question is: keep the original and only suitable as a display or restore it to make it wearable but the originality is destroyed. Since I would rather not face this question, I have always (mostly) avoided purchasing originals. But still have fun with the jacket and have fun wearing it after the resto.

AHP91

Practically Family
No question, an exceptional and cool jacket, congratulations! Unfortunately, as is often the case with original things (e.g. leather jackets) that are so old, the question is: keep the original and only suitable as a display or restore it to make it wearable but the originality is destroyed. Since I would rather not face this question, I have always (mostly) avoided purchasing originals. But still have fun with the jacket and have fun wearing it after the resto.

Wouldn’t say changing buttons and a lining is ruining a jacket’s originality in any way. Maybe even replace with period correct buttons. Jacket looks as new as the Thedi

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Wouldn’t say changing buttons and a lining is ruining a jacket’s originality in any way. Maybe even replace with period correct buttons. Jacket looks as new as the Thedi
The buttons that are currently on it are non-original plastic ones that are too big (20 mm). I'll replace them with beautiful period correct corozo buttons, 18 mm.

The lining is original and it was intact when I received the jacket but due to bad repairs it teared apart when I (hand) washed the jacket. I think black moleskin will look great as a replacement.

I rather have a restored jacket that's perfectly wearable than an untouched one that I'd need to baby. I try to stay close to original with the repairs though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner