Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Good Wear Imperial

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I suddenly came to the realization that wearing each of my leather jackets a mere 2-3 times per year is wholly insufficient and downright unconscionable. Therefore, in order to enable me to wear my jackets more often, I must reluctantly thin the herd.

My Good Wear Imperial is made with brown vegetable/pit-tanned, aniline dyed Shinki horsehide. The leather is robust and sturdy, yet pliable and wearable. John Chapman’s craftsmanship is second to none. The jacket is in great condition.

The following are the dimensions for the jacket (plus or minus a quarter inch):

Chest (P2P): 21.75-22 inches
Shoulders: 17.5 inches
Back length (measured from base of collar): 25.75-26 inches
Bottom hem: 20.5 inches
Sleeve length: 27.125 inches measured around edge of sleeve from shoulder to cuff, or 26.5 inches measured straight from shoulder to end of cuff.

There is currently a 3 year wait for a new Good Wear jacket. Good Wear recently sold a used Imperial for $1,200: http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/sale_imperial_0001.html .

I will sell my Good Wear Imperial for $1,150, plus actual shipping costs and Paypal fees (buyer is responsible for risks during shipping).

Goodwear Imperial 107.jpg

Below photo taken April 2018:

Goodwear Imperial 108.jpg

Photo taken by John Chapman:

Goodwear Imperial 61.jpg

Photo of back taken on May 2, 2018:

Goodwear Imperial 110.jpg

Beautiful jacket. JC really nails the collar treatment and other design elements aside, that's the real beauty for me.

FarWalker

New in Town
Wow. Great jacket. Did it sell yet? Did you post it elsewhere? And may I ask how tall you are? The measurements all square, other than the back length, which is a tad shorter than I'd like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran