Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Good Wear RW 1401-P Size 46

derleicaman

One of the Regulars
Up for sale is my Good Wear Rough Wear 1401-P in Russet HH, tagged size 46.

Priced to sell at $ 700 USD with free shipping in the CONUS. I will ship overseas at additional cost. Current new jackets from John are $ 1,500 with at least a year wait time. Why wait?

This jacket is a few years old, and is just starting to show some fantastic graining and patina. It is just starting to get broken in. It is in a beautiful Russet color and is slightly more reddish than current production jackets. Like all of John's creations, this jacket is true to even the smallest detail of the original. This jacket is made from a slightly thicker HH than John is currently using. The jacket is a little snug on me at my current weight (200 lbs., 5'10"). I recently acquired a GW United Sheeplined in Russet which fits me a bit better, so I am reluctantly letting this one go. Knits are in perfect condition, as is the lining. No smells as I have a pet free and smoke free home. Full disclosure - the zip has been professionally replaced with a triple marked Talon from MASH. The original Crown the jacket came with self-destructed by stripping teeth. John said this is a known problem with the Crown and that the Talon is a correct replacement.

Dimensions are as follows:
Front Pit to Pit 23 1/2"
Rear Pit to Pit 23 1/2"
Back Width Across Shoulders 19 1/2"
Back length from top of collar stand to bottom of knits 25 1/2"
Sleeve length 25 1/2"
Wind Flap Length 24"

Photos taken in daylight from window as I tried to show the color as accurately as possible.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot