FS Japanese Big Twin “Boss” Trojan-clone D Pocket Jacket 42

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by think_zot, Nov 28, 2021.

1. think_zot

think_zot A-List Customer

Folks,
    Very rare find here. Big Twin “Boss” Trojan-style jacket in 42. Big Twin was a Moto shop in Tokyo that made old USA inspired riding gear. The Boss was their signature model, and an obvious homage to the Trojan Jacket.
    Heavy duty but supple cowhide, super high craftsmanship. More comfortable than previous LW Trojans I’ve owned.
    Wonderful jacket, just cleaning out a little bit of space for inevitable future purchases.
    Approx measurements in inches
    Chest 23
    Shoulder 19.5
    Sleeve 25
    Length 24.5
    $800 PPFF Shipped worldwide.

Attached Files:

Robbie79, RustyM, wigan123 and 3 others like this.
  2. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Wow. I don’t need this, I have a LW Trojan. But I want it. I don’t need this, I have a LW Trojan. But I want it. I don’t need this, I have a LW Trojan. But I want it. I don’t need this this, I have a LW Trojan. But I want it. For the love of god someone buy this. I don’t need this…

3. think_zot

upload_2021-11-27_21-10-33.gif

MATTHEW WELLS, Mrfrown and JMax like this.
  4. photo2u

photo2u Practically Family

Wow, Nice jacket. "I don’t need this, I have a LW Trojan. But I want it. I don’t need this, I have a LW Trojan. But I want it". Like JMax said. LOL.

think_zot and JMax like this.
  5. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Your collection is my kryptonite, my color yellow, my fire, whatever other justice league superhero weakness exists lol. I’m thinking about selling more jackets. I already let go of a stellar, pinnacle Windward today.

I’m outta here. Later brother.

think_zot likes this.
  6. think_zot

Ha! The struggle...feel you there.

Jacket weighs in about 6.5 pounds. Not too ridiculous.

photo2u likes this.
  7. eyewildshot

eyewildshot One of the Regulars

I am a Chinese from Taiwan. Wow, It's a pleasant surprise to see a westerner own such a niche Japanese brand stuff.
    I have some Big Twin t shirts. they're closed several years ago. Although Big twin's products were mostly OEM by USA manufacturers, they are a very exclusive brand with practically no exposure outside of Japan.

What size would you say in equivalent of LW Trojan? I mean it's labeled 42, but is it as large as a 44 LW Trojan? or no larger? your personal subjective opinion is fine. thanks

think_zot likes this.
  8. think_zot

This one was a diamond in the rough. To me, this fits very very similar to a LW Trojan 42, maybe it's a bit roomier. Same short cut, broad shoulders, narrow hemline. Only real difference is the hide used in this one, which is not much at all like LW's horsehide. But in examining this jacket, wouldn't surprise me if it was done by LW under the Big twin label with Big twin's leather, but that is just me speculating.

jonbuilder likes this.
  9. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

Just out of interrest in LW history i have asked Stuart.
    He says LW did make a few jackets under Japanese labels in the mid 90s.
    He doesn't remember all the labels but says this one doesn't look like it is made by them, he says: "Well-stitched but hides and lining aren't ours nor is belt and belt loop config and we use anodized brass snaps, pretty certain not ours unless modified"

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    TREEMAN and think_zot like this.
  10. think_zot

Interesting, thanks for the research Charles.

11. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

I've had and sold an LW Trojan, Now I own an original Trojan cream, size 40, too small all around unless I want to dress like an old school rocker and I want this jacket. The LW I owned was stiff and heavy horse even for LW standard and was not comfortable around my neck when zipped for riding, hence the sale. It did have so nice graining developing and was turning ten years old.
    I think the fact it was not made by LW and made in Japan is a plus for value.
    GLWS hopefully it sells before my will to restain collapses

think_zot likes this.
  12. think_zot

For sure, thanks John!

13. regius

regius My Mail is Forwarded Here

Is that Made in USA label just for show? My LW a Trojan experience was not great, it was a jacket of pyramid shape, not narrow at the hem at all. Amazing jacket! Good luck

think_zot likes this.
  14. think_zot

I’m that’s the mystery. I’m thinking it is, but not quite sure. And same experience; this jacket has a very nice v-taper to it and a good amount of room in the upper arm/shoulder area, which is usually the dealbreaker for me in Japanese brands.

15. think_zot

Sold

Mrfrown, JMax and jonbuilder like this.
  16. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

One more temptation gone

JMax, think_zot and casechopper like this.