Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Late '40s Society Brand DB suit

anon`

One Too Many
As above. 1939 union label, but pretty clearly post-War, pretty clearly bold look. This was my first ever vintage suit, and I'm really torn about selling it: when I got it, I told myself that I would never sell it, no matter what. But now it's way too huge for me, and I've actually reached the point where it is no longer possible to reasonably shrink the thing down. Plus, it's been supplanted by another suit as my favourite (oddly, my new fav is an HSM).

At any rate, what we have here is a large, rather indigo-coloured four button (two functional), low gorge two-piece DB suit with lots of real estate on the lapels. The finish is a bit fuzzy--somewhere between hard worsted as flannel--and has the most interesting weave: it looks to me like repeating Columbia Sportswear logos. Suit is in pristine condition and doesn't appear to have had all that much love in its previous life.

Laid flat, it currently measures as follows:
Jacket:
-Chest: 22"
-Shoulders: 19.5"
-Waist: 21"
-Length: 31"
-Sleeve length: 25"

Trousers:
-Waist: 17" (w/ 3" selvage)
-Inseam: 30.25"
-Outseam: 42"
-Width @ knee: 12.5"
-Width @ cuff: 10"

I said previously that this suit is big. I was about a 46/38 when I bought it, and it fit. You can still see where I've had the jacket taken in by about 4" in the chest (2" in the center seam, 1" on each side seam). And there's about an inch of selvage left in each seam beyond that, even. The trousers have full 2" cuffs that can be let down or converted to false cuffs for some additional length, but otherwise there is no extra fabric in the trouser leg.

DSCN3765.JPG
DSCN3768.JPG

DSCN3766.JPG

DSCN3769.JPG

DSCN3770.JPG

One of my best suits. And way too big for me now, hopefully forever. So I offer it up here with the hope that it goes to a good home and is appreciated!

Asking $275 shipped, CONUS.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails