Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Mid 1940s Mexican Biker ring (size 11.25)

AHP91

Practically Family
Hello,

I'm listing this beautiful mid 1940s Mexican biker ring because it's too big for me. I'm thinking about just getting it resized because I really like it, but I'll post it here and if someone wants it, I'll send it to its new home before I look into the resizing.

Background:

Mexican biker rings aka souvenir rings aka knuckle dusters were popularized by outlaw bikers passing through border towns. At the end of the Mexican Revolution, the peso lost its value, but with craft and cunning, local Mexican craftsmen melted down the pesos to make rings, creating detailed jewelry they could be sold as souvenirs for more than the pesos were worth.

Fast forward to the 1940s when brawling bikers would buy up these rings as a way around the forbidden brass knuckles. To get around the prohibited knuckle dusters, bikers began wearing big burly rings. It's a style and identifiable marker that has never faded.

The ring:

The ring is big, heavy and has the perfect amount of patina. It's a size 11.25 (know your ring size), and measures almost 1.25 inches at the top. Weighs about 42 grams. Made of a mixed metal alloy typically featuring brass and copper. Before purchasing, I had this ring looked at by two separate collectors who both dated the ring to the mid 1940s (one of the earlier rings), and who were able to do so by looking at the design, motif, and composition.

These rings are usually listed for higher prices on marketplaces, and are often the later period rings (50s, 60s), so I would be careful purchasing those ones. Here's your chance to own a beautiful piece of mid 40s history.

Price for the ring is $140 shipped in the continental U.S (Paypal Friends and Family). Please let me know if you have any questions.

m48025550000_1.jpg

m48025550000_2.jpg
m48025550000_3.jpg

m48025550000_4.jpg
m48025550000_5.jpg

m48025550000_6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner