Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: NIB 1960s 3X Bradford (Resistol) TALL Crown Western Hat - 7-1/4 to 7-3/8

TPD166

One Too Many
FOR SALE: Never-worn 1960s vintage Bradford (by Resistol) 3X beaver cowboy / western hat in 7-3/8, in original box. The model is the Calgary and the color is “sunset,” which is an olive-brownish color. The crown as creased (which is how I received it) is about 5” tall, however, when pushed into an open crown it is about 7” tall; the brim is about 3-3/8” wide; and the ribbon is about 5/8”. This came to me new in the box, with the paper still wrapped around the crown. Based on the limited information I can find, Bradford was acquired by Resistol in the 1960s and the box for the hat is marked “Byer-Rolnick,” although there are no Resistol markings on the hat itself.

Since it was stored for over 40 years, I would not consider to still be a 7-3/8 long-oval (which is why I bought it) – it is a snug 7-3/8 or a generous 7-1/4. It put on a hat jack and tried to gently ease it back into size/shape, but the sweatband partially split as shown in the photos. That is the hat’s only flaw – otherwise it is in beautiful shape, just a little smaller than marked. If this hat fit me, I would be keeping it, but I would prefer for it to go to someone it fits and can use it. I am asking $30.00 shipped in the U.S. which allows me to break even. If you have any questions or are interested, send me a PM or email me thru TFL (I no longer post my email due to some unprofessional messages sent by non-members).
Bradford1.jpg

Bradford1a.jpg

Bradford1b.jpg

Bradford2.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
I just noticed that the sweatband stiching (where the two ends come together, not where it attaches to the hat) hat has split as well - another victim of my failed stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR