Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS or FT - Vintage LL Bean "Flying Tiger" Leather Bomber Jacket

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I have a vintage LL Bean "Flying Tiger" leather bomber jacket that I would like to sell or preferably trade for a nice hat. The jacket belonged to my uncle, who handed it down to my cousin when he was a teenager (he's now 50), who handed it down to me when I was a teenager (20 years ago). Since it belonged to my uncle I'm assuming that this is mid-60's, maybe. Possibly older?

photo3-8.jpg

The size is 42, but it fits me just right, and I prefer a 40 suit coat. It has enough room for comfort if I'm wearing a sweater. Waistband and wristbands still hold tight. It has button snaps for the front pockets and the collar. The "Thinsulate" material keeps you nice and toasty without being bulky. All of the leather is panels are in great condition with very minor wear here and there. There is a spot where the lining has separated from the waistband on the inside of the front left (as you're wearing it) panel. It's an easy repair if you can sew.

photo1-8.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

This shows where the lining has separated. It's about 3.5"...

photo1-7.jpg

This model came with a Scovill zipper. All of their jackets today use a YKK zipper. As mentioned before, I prefer a 40 suit coat, but the 42 Flying Tiger fits just right!

photo3-7.jpg

photo2-7.jpg

photo1-6.jpg

photo2-6.jpg

=== ASKING $150.00 === OR === TRADE PREFERRED ===

Will gladly sell if you would like to buy it. However, I would rather trade this for a nice grey fedora. Specs:

Brands - Stetson, Dobbs, Resistol, Cavanagh, Disney, Borsalino, Knox, Churchill, and other brands welcome
Color - medium or dark grey
Brim - 2" to 2 3/8", maybe 2 1/2"
Opening - size 7 1/4, dimensions 7 7/8" x 6 5/8", diameter 22 1/2" - 22 3/4"
Crown - center dent or teardrop, 4" - 5" at the front, I prefer something tall

PM me if you have something of interest or if you would like to buy.

Thanks, folks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy