Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Schott x 3sixteen Horween Roughout Jacket, size Large

Kuro

Practically Family
Hello all,

I would like to sell my Schott x 3sixteen roughout jacket. 3sixteen made this jacket for their 15 year anniversary. There were a total of 100 jackets made I understand. It is based on the Schott 519 for sizing. Schott inventory number 518316. You can reach out to them for questions specific to this jacket with that number.

Here is the 3sixteen blog entry that talks about it:

https://www.3sixteen.com/blogs/news/15y-schott-for-3sixteen

Weight on my bathroom scale (I don't know how accurate it is) is seven pounds. It is a surprisingly heavy jacket, I say that because you don't expect the weight when you see it. The leather is very supple and requires no break in to wear it. Because of how supple the leather is, it drapes well when worn and you don't feel the weight, it distributes nicely.

Speaking of the leather, it was made by Horween. The black is very dark and because of the roughout it can look like velvet due to the depth of the black. I understand that based on how the vegetable tanned leather was made by Horween that you can wear this jacket in inclement weather and the jacket will not show stains, heavily oiled is how it is advertised. The leather was designed to provide years of wear without worry, this is not a delicate suede jacket!

I purchased the jacket about a month after release from the Schott LA store. I was drawn to the unique look of the jacket and the little details meaning I would see few jackets like it. The lining is provided by 3sixteen to Schott and it is a black Japanese linen with bemberg in the sleeves. It has a hand dyed leather patch for the 15 year anniversary on the inside that was made for 3sixteen by Tanner Goods. It comes with two sterling silver snaps with the 15 year anniversary 3sixteen logo made by Good Art HLYWD. Black hardware on black jacket. Belt and epaulet delete. Made in the USA with made in the USA leather.

Most of the details I am writing are better explained in the 3sixteen blog entry above but I wanted to touch on them.

Why am I selling it? Since I purchased my Freewheelers Centinela jacket a month ago, I have worn nothing else. I have my first custom jacket Aero J-100 that is not going anywhere and my Aero Ridley, that is also not going anywhere. That leaves this jacket in the closet and I need to let something go to make room for the Centinela. Out of the three jackets listed above the Schott is the easiest for me to part with. I can't find a reason to keep it like I can my two Aero jackets. The J-100 is my first custom jacket and the style is what I want when I want it. My Ridley is lightweight, I can wear it in warmer weather and nails it. The Schott was my winter leather due to the weight it kept the cold out and looked very classy, I enjoyed it. But the Centinela has taken that place.

Enough of that, I am letting go because I want and need to.

I have all the hang tags and both sterling snaps and due to the quality of the leather it looks like new. It is going to take a lot of wear for anything to show on this jacket. The lining does not show any wear either. Keep in mind the lining is linen, so this jacket will probably be wearable in the seasons that shoulder winter as well. I do not smoke or wear cologne, but I have two cats. I will do my best to remove any cat hair before shipping with a lint roller.

I am asking $800 shipped in the United States, payment via PPFF or Zelle. If you let me keep one of the sterling snaps as a memento, I will accept $750. A normal Good Art sterling silver snap sells for about $100 each. I kind of want to keep one but I understand that some people want the whole package when buying something like this and I am good with that. The snap I used on the jacket was the polished snap and it has developed a patina.

The details:

Pit to Pit: 24 inches
Shoulders: 19.25 inches
Sleeves (measured straight down from the shoulder): 25.75 inches
Waist: 21 inches
Back: 25.5 inches
Weight: 7 pounds (I don't know how accurate my scale is, but this seems like a good number based on the heft of the jacket.)

I am 6'1" and 200 pounds in the fit photos, I wear dress shirts with the 34/35 sleeve length option. Layers with sweaters and sweatshirts comfortably for me, hence the winter wear. I will add some photos of the lining later (when I have better lighting).

All photos are on this Google share drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jy84fIjyDEwSwub0nwzEvaKRgYfd-jE5

Please let me know if the link does not work.

I have sold another nice Schott in the past to HH21 and I have purchased my Aero Ridley from Ksozay, not to mention a few hats from various members. You will be happy with this purchase.

Thank you!

James

Last edited:

GW KY

Practically Family
sick jacket!! If I didn't grab the 4th edition last month would buy this beauty

glws

Kuro

Practically Family
Thanks! It seems like 3sixteen is pretty selective on their leather and lining choices, which produces some fairly unique jackets! Glad you are able to own one to know!

GW KY

Practically Family
Thanks! It seems like 3sixteen is pretty selective on their leather and lining choices, which produces some fairly unique jackets! Glad you are able to own one to know!
This is a must buy for someone needing a cross zip. Fits tts large, simple, yet rugged and beautiful.

dannyk

One Too Many
I love it, and Ive wanted it since I first laid eyes upon it. Ive posted here and the Schott forum looking for one. Unfortunately Im a small. But someone would be really lucky to get this one. GLWS!

Kuro

Practically Family
I love it, and Ive wanted it since I first laid eyes upon it. Ive posted here and the Schott forum looking for one. Unfortunately Im a small. But someone would be really lucky to get this one. GLWS!

Thanks! Good luck with the hunt!

I attempted to take photos of the liner this morning, but the light was bad and the camera kept adding a purple tint to everything... I will continue to try until I get some good photos.

But really, the lining is a very nice Japanese black linen, plenty of character for this jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff